Just Labradors banner

Thanks everyone

776 views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  BudGirl8 
#1 ·
I just wanted to thank everyone for their support, thoughts and prayers. I am so glad to have you all to lean on during this.

I'm trying to stay optimistic, but this is all making me really nervous. There is so much to think about - cancer diets, what course of treatment they might suggest, how we might work that out, etc. It's a little overwhelming.

I know I shouldn't be buying into worst case scenarios. Kevin has cautioned me about this, as has Kate/lbrdorable. :) But I am the type of person who likes to think everything all the way through, every possibility, so I'm not caught off guard. I can't seem to stop thinking. :-\

I checked out a couple of books about holistic healing and dogs with cancer today.

It's just so hard to think about a dog as young and healthy and vital as Angus as having a cancer diagnosis. :( It doesn't seem real, in a way, right now. Do you know what I mean? Denial.

Anyway, I'm going to read the books and talk to my dog food lady. I'm also considering going ahead and making him an appointment with a holistic vet, just to see what their take would be.

I think I might need to go in and have a face-to-face with the vet once he comes back with the recommendation from UT. Regardless of what it is. I have a million questions floating around in my head, but right now they're all just "what ifs." Once we get a solid plan for our next move, I will need to make a list of questions that apply to that situation.

Sorry to be rambling...just thinking out loud and bouncing things off you guys.

Anyway, thank you again dear JL friends, for everything. It means so much to have people to talk with who understand, sympathize, and have so much knowledge to share. You guys are the best.

See less See more
#2 ·
(((((HUGS))))) Connie.

I'm like you... I don't like to be unprepared or hit broadside, so if that means imagining the worst case possible, and then trying to deal with that, I figure anything else will be easier.

Speaking of books, Dr. Martin Goldstein's book "The Nature of Animal Healing" has a great chapter on cancer. Here's the linky: http://www.dogwise.com/ItemDetails.cfm?ID=CDN182

Continued good thoughts and prayers for you and Angus.

#3 ·
Connie, you made the right decision when you were worried about what vet to take him to, so I know you will make the right decision on this, IF it requires treatment.

I like the holistic approach .... atleast seeing a holistic vet, will be a good second opinion. I would read as much as I could possibly find, and in the end, make my decision..... it will be a learning process, for sure. We'll be here, and I have complete faith in your decision making.......... (((hugs)))

Melissa
;)

#6 ·
I think you are responding perfectly naturally. I would be doing the same thing. Being prepared is very prudent. researching and finding out as much as you can will help you give him the best care possible because you will know what to do.

And prayers and healing thoughts for Angus.

#8 ·
Continued thoughts and prayers for Angus. I'm like you in trying to think about EVERYTHING so I can be prepared! I agree that the holistic vet is a good idea.

I am really sorry this is happening, but I think you are doing everything that can be done. Angus couldn't have a better mom!

Frances

G
#12 ·
{{{hugs hugs hugs}}

Prepare for the worst, hope and pray for the best. That is my motto.

I don't like to be blindsided by things so I think them through. What is that line from the Ya-Ya's? "I like to chew on a problem until all the flavor is gone and then stick it in my hair for later." Well, that's is me. I'm getting better about the positive side of things though and I truly feel that JL has helped with that. I've seen what good thoughts and prayer can do...look at all the good things we've accomplished by banding together!

Connie, I think you're doing the right thing. Thinking and questioning is good. Fussing and stewing is where you have to draw back and stop yourself. With the help of your vet, you and Kevin's love and care, his brother Simon's doggy smooches and the input of a lot of other good things (as well of TONS of good thoughts and prayers from all of us), Mr. Angus Fangus will be just fine. Take that to the bank.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.