Just Labradors banner

Eddie and ice cubes

1K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  JackieN 
#1 ·
Every time I get ice from the freezer, no matter where Eddie is in the house, he is behind me before I have the door open and stands there looking at me hopefully. I give him one and he waits for me to go back to the den so that he can sit near me while eating his ice cube. He is so cute......

There will come a day when I will find him just sitting there waiting for one............

#2 ·
Awwwww... so sweet !!

I have an ice eater too. Ginger especially loves them. When I go to the freezer, they all come and sit down next to me, and I have to hand them out...... Ginger gets anybody's left overs that they discard. She loves the icicles we have in the winter time. My husband just breaks them off from the eaves and gives her a piece... she loves ice !! She is also my chewer.... she still chews up things.

Melissa
;)

#3 ·
Shadow loved ice cubes, and we swore she'd learn to use the ice dispenser in the door of Bill's fridge at the apartment if she was there often enough. She'd be sitting waiting the minute she heard the freezer door open. Buddy will chew on a cube until he crunches it up, then he leaves the pieces to melt so I can step in the ice-cold puddles and wet spots on the carpet. :eek:

#4 ·
Yeah, Champ loves ice cubes too - although he doesn't just eat them - he throws them up in the air, chase them across the room, bats them across the tile, and then finally settles down to crunch away. You'd think he'd just won the lottery with how happy he is with ice. But hey - at least his favorite treat is free!

#5 ·
tricialeigh4jc said:
Yeah, Champ loves ice cubes too - although he doesn't just eat them - he throws them up in the air, chase them across the room, bats them across the tile, and then finally settles down to crunch away. You'd think he'd just won the lottery with how happy he is with ice. But hey - at least his favorite treat is free!
Sounds like Rowdy.

#8 ·
Enzo loves ice cubes too! He goes nuts when I put one in his crate at bedtime.

#12 ·
'Ice cubes! Where? I need to find it before it disappears. Where is it? Did you put one down that was to small and it melted already?' Paw at freezer, paw, paw. 'Come on Dad! I need an ice cube. Oh! If you bring out a Frasty Paw by mistake, that will be okay!"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.