Lab-proof Trash Can?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lab-proof Trash Can?

bearsmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultLab-proof Trash Can?

Anyone have any suggestions? That aren't too expensive. I'm pretty cheap. I'm just tired of waking up and finding that he managed to get into it again. : >
    My trash can is like the one in the picture.

[attachment deleted by admin]

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Thunders Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Lab-proof Trash Can?

I put a bucket on top of mine.

It's not the destination, it's the journey!

We put our trashcan on a 3 foot stool. Nothing fancy! ;D

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

We got one of those deck trash cans.. (So it doesnt look ghetto out there ) and put it right outside our back door... Its about 3 1/2 feet tall and it has a latch on it so the dogs cant get in it.... It was about $40.00 at fleet farm but I saw them cheaper at target a couple months ago.... It was well worth every penny...

here is a picture of it..

Jan
    Jan is offline Senior Member

We use a smallish garbage pail under the sink. Corby hasn't figured out how to open the cupboard door

Little bugger has a thing for margarine and butter, the only two things I periodically forget on the counter. He can inhale half a pound of butter in about 20 seconds (I usually hear the slurping and rush in). My kitchen is much cleaner now that I have Corby (because everything gets put away & washed up!)

bearsmom is offline Senior Member

Ha.. Bear has figured out that he can nose cabinet doors open. Found that out when he managed to get into the one with the TP and I came home one day all around my room. Needless to say, he is crated during the day, but can't bring myself to crate him at night. One of the outside ones might work, but I'm not sure yet. I don't even know how he managed to knock the WHOLE top off last night. ??? His other favorite thing is to take pens off the MIDDLE of the table and chew them up at night. I think it's high time to re-organize everything in my house... though my sister and father might have a problem with it.

PhoebeJeebies is offline Senior Member

Hehe...I was just asking this on Lab Chat a couple of days ago! I just got one with a foot pedal and it seems to scare her so for now, I think it will work!! ;D
    Becca & Phoebe

einstein's legacy is offline Senior Member

I'm convinced there's no such thing as a Lab-proof trash can!! Even the best trained labs get the urge when their nose knows there's something worthwhile in there!! We just gave up and don't have a kitchen trash can. I keep a plastic bag (from the groceries) behind the dish drain on the counter and throw that out a couple times a day. I too was tired of finding the trail o' trash through the house!!

Janna and Boomer is offline Senior Member

This is what we have under the sink. Notice the decoy hinges on the side, and the actual used hinges on the bottom. Tricky tricky!

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

We put the can up on the counter when the first dog was a puppy and he learned he wasn't allowed it. It never was an issue with the next two.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast