sshh - *I think it worked!*
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sshh - *I think it worked!*

amazongold is offline Senior Member

Defaultsshh - *I think it worked!*

I took Buddy in yesterday for daycare and to stay overnight, his first night away from me since we got him. Last time I took him for daycare, he was more hyper when I got him home than he had ever been, so I was really wondering how he would be today.

Of course he was wild when I picked him up, and the girl said they'd had to separate Buddy and the other dog they had there for play/boarding because Buddy just would not leave him alone. :-\ Because it was still cool outside, I took him with me when I went shopping, then we came home. I gave him a new "sturdy" stuffed toy, which he promptly shredded and de-stuffed. When I went out to water the plants I put him on his tie-out, and then we played some ball when I was finished. Buddy is actually *almost* bringing it back to me most of the time.

After we came in, I sat down to watch a special on Harry Potter, which is his usual signal to bug me for attention. Instead, Buddy went into his crate and took a nap for almost half an hour! This has never happened before. The only time he has ever gone in the crate without being ordered to was in the van coming back from Louisville the last time we went down. He is presently asleep next to me on his bed, and has been a bit calmer all day. Thank You, Lord! He goes back again for an overnight on Wednesday evening, when they are going to have two other Labs boarding.

I don't know if it's because he's tired, or maybe because he's finally realized that this is home even if he stays somewhere else for a while, or what. I am not even going to hope yet that it's going to be a permanent thing, but I sure am enjoying it now! ;D
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: sshh - *I think it worked!*

Awwww... nice job, Buddy!!! Hopefully the two Labs will help tire him out every more.

Sounds promising! Hope this is a permanent thing!

Bev.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

4yelloweyedogs is offline Senior Member

Well, I'm glad it worked, whatEVER it was !! Maybe he IS realizing he is there to stay..,... and maybe he is maturing ? Who knows, and I guess who cares, as long as he is settling , right ?

Melissa

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

http://theyelloweyedog.weebly.com/

RangerMom is offline Senior Member

Good going Buddy. Whatever it is, I hope it continues.

Blackie and Ranger ...............................Reggie: 1996-2010 "Fly Reggie Fly"

That's great. Enjoy the peace now and let's hope that the 2 labs Wednesday tire him out some.

lablimo is offline Senior Member

Oh, that's great! Sometimes, it takes animals more time than what we think to get settled. I hope he continues in a positive direction. Good boy!! ;D

georgie is offline Senior Member

Aw...good boy Buddy. I am so glad he is getting calmer. Keep it up Buddy.

amazongold is offline Senior Member

Buddy was such a good boy all day yesterday, that I was fully expecting the horns to return in full force this morning. They haven't! ???

I hope and pray that the little man has finally realized that this is his forever home and we are not going to dump him some place, that we will always bring him HOME. He is not an angel, by any means, but something seems to have clicked and he is definitely better behaved.
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

4yelloweyedogs is offline Senior Member

I'm happy for you...... my guess is that yes, he's forgotten about all the turmoil and insecurities he knew ...

Melissa
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

http://theyelloweyedog.weebly.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast