BUDDY 5AM SAT-Update 9PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BUDDY 5AM SAT-Update 9PM

Pam
    Pam is offline Senior Member

DefaultBUDDY 5AM SAT-Update 9PM

He's doing much better than last night. I know the anesthesia causes 90% of the trouble we have.
    I took him on the lawn with his leash and he looked good but it's way too soon to know if this did the trick.
    His steps came today but I haven't opened the box yet. I'm hoping they will be my answer to getting in and out of the car.
    All I can do now is try to keep him quiet and calm and try to keep him from doing himself any more harm.
    I'm really worrying about this biopsy tho. My vet said he never requested one be done before. I sure hope he didn't see something he's worried about. I won't know till the middle of the week at the earliest.
    Thanks again for all the prayers and good wishes.
    ---------------------------------------------------

I gave up trying to sleep. Nothing could stop this crying, moaning and whining. I tried a Kong stuffed with MEAT!! He went right to work on it, but the noises continued the entire time. I didn't know whether I wanted to laugh or cry so I turned on the camera. I never heard such sounds coming from a dog trying to get his goodies out of a Kong! If you didn't know what he'd just been through, you would probably laugh. If I get ambitious later, I might upload it.
    At 11 PM I decided some of his discomfort might be due to needing to pee. My son came home and pretty much carried him out back. He (Buddy) got annoyed and after he was put down on the grass, he took himself where he wanted to be and peed. We tried to help him back in but he wanted NO assistance. The surgeon said I should start walking him today so we just made sure he stayed on carpeted areas to avoid any slipping/falling. I have little roads of carpet runners everywhere with those no-slips things under them. Anyone coming inside who doesn't know what's been going on here would really wonder what I've been up to.
    I administered pain meds at 2am thinking maybe he'd fall asleep. No such luck. The only hope of even a 15 minute nap was to lay on the floor with him and keep an arm somewhere on his body.
    I waved the white flag at 4am. Gave him breakfast. He went out to pee alone and came right back in. At this point I was wide awake. Figuring at some time this afternoon, he will sleep, I decided to keep busy and did some laundry, took out the vacuum, emptied the dishwasher.
    My older son is away this week and I used his car yesterday. The ABS light is on and won't go away so I made a 7am appt. for this morning. If I sleep now, I won't wake up so I thought it would be a good time to update.
    I want to PM Sharon and ask what Cuffy was like when he came home since he went thru this exact situation. I'm also wondering about this biopsy of the meniscus that was removed. The surgeon left specific instructions to send it out and even the vet wondered why. I guess that's on my mind and I really wouldn't sleep much even if he does quiet down.
    So hopefully, there won't be much else to report for a while.
    Hope you all have a better day than I anticipate over here.

He pretty much WALKED into the son's room and stretched out on the carpeted floor in there.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

4yelloweyedogs is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: BUDDY 5AM SAT

Pam, sorry you can't sleep, but I guess I would be the same way..... sounds like he is doing good.... did you get all the sounds he was making on video ? Can;t wait to see that !

Hope he will sleep today for you...... but hey, you got a super early start on laundry and cleaning ! ;D

Melissa
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

http://theyelloweyedog.weebly.com/

georgie is offline Senior Member

I hope Buddy continues to do well & you get some sleep.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I hope today turns out to be restful for both of you!

blackjack is offline Senior Member

Wishing you both a loooong peaceful nap (and a speedy recovery).

Rusty, Blaze & Buster Brown
    BJ - 3/9/2007 - 2/6/12 - miss you everyday
    Boomer - ? - 3/15/12 - always in my heart

BuddyHsMom is offline Senior Member

Pam, just reading about your ordeal this morning... I'm so sorry you and Buddy are going through this. I wish I could do something to help. Will definitely send some prayers up for you both. Poor Buddy

budbud is offline Senior Member

It sounds like Buddy is just old hat at this and getting around well I hope you hold up well thru all this and it will be the last time it happens hope you both get to sleep soon

amazongold is offline Senior Member

((((Pam)))) I am hoping tonight you will sleep - out of sheer exhaustion if nothing else! Sounds like Buddy is on the mend, just keep him on the carpeting so there are no 'oops' moments.
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

You poor thing. I hope you finally get a good nap this afternoon.
    Do you think part of the crying, etc. is due to side effects of the anesthesia? When Nellie was put under to have her hips x-rayed she did the same thing afterwards.

So sorry you didn't get any sleep. Hopefully today will be restful. Sending healing, restful thoughts out for Buddy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast