NLR: Torn...sort of

Thread: NLR: Torn...sort of

DefaultNLR: Torn...sort of

Sorry about the topic not being related to labs - I just knew I would get faster advice here.

One of my friends just bought a puppy (a blue lacey, they are very cute) from a breeder close by to where we live. I was weary when I heard where she bought him but she did mention that he is 4 weeks old and will not be coming "home" until 4 more weeks - "GOOD!" I thought to my self!

And then she mentioned that as soon as they could, they wanted to get him into puppy training and all that and asked if I knew any good ones in the area and so I asked the MIL because she is a little more familiar with that and gave them a name. So, again, I thought "YEA for wanting to TRAIN your dog!"

But THEN she goes on to mention something about neutering. So I asked "Are you going to neuter him" - the question I am sure we all hate to ask for fear of what the answer might be. To which she replied, "We don't know yet. Why kinda wanted to have 2 someday but didn't want them to be brother and sister and we thought about breeding."

My jaw tightened IMMEDIATELY. They know NOTHING about breeding dogs - this is thier first dog as a couple!!! So of COURSE I want to say something to her like you probably really shouldn't and all that jazz but I hate coming across as a dog snob. And nothing is set in stone yet - I know that if they were FOR SURE going to do it or it came closer to them actually doing it I would be more bold.

So, I guess my question to yall is, do I go ahead and tell her the cons of all that NOW or wait? I REALLY want to send her that nice big flow chart Dani put up. :-) I appreciate your advice!

Oh, and here is a pic of the pup...cute huh?! (just would be more cute neutered later!)

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

amazongold is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: NLR: Torn...sort of

I have no help for you, just want to ask what a blue lacey is - I have never heard of them. It's an adorable pup, whatever it is!
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

Didn't know what it was when she first told me what they were too...but she did say - and will tell everyone this when they ask that it is the Texas state breed! :-)

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

It is a cute pup - never heard of a blue lacey but here's a link!

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/bluelacy.htm

Bev.