Groceries, unthinking SU's and opportunistic labradors

Thread: Groceries, unthinking SU's and opportunistic labradors

lubmylabs is offline Senior Member

DefaultGroceries, unthinking SU's and opportunistic labradors

It's a winning combination! SU and I did a little grocery shopping today. We happened to buy a pack of 6 sausages (the link kind) to cook for dinner tonight. Since I am 7 months pregnant, SU gallantly carried most of the groceries up the stairs from the garage to the kitchen. Unbeknownst to me, he left all the bags on the floor and immediately went off to the computer to check on his download. Meanwhile, I struggled up the stairs with the light stuff (2 packs of toilet paper and a pack of diapers for the impending arrival, gotta love when that stuff's on special!) and I went straight to the bathroom to put them away.

Less than two minutes later, I walked into the kitchen. My two lovely labradors are excitedly sniffing around in a corner, but they bound over happily to greet me. I glance at the corner where they were sniffing, and notice something black and partially chewed there. Wondering what it is, I step over and pick it up. It's one of those trays you get at the supermarket that usually holds meat. Curious. Where could they have got that? I spy the shopping bags, which SU in his infinite wisdom has left on the floor. I spy a piece of plastic wrap right next to the nearest bag, with the label "Thick Beef Sausages", and realise that I have just witnessed the consumption of our dinner. I yell SU's name and call him a rude word, somewhat akin to "idiot"... he is not happy with me, because he doesn't think he deserves to be called that. :

We've only had labradors for four years, so I guess it's gonna take him a bit longer to learn that groceries should be put away immediately, or at least initially left on the counter (which incidentally also is an easier place for pregnant wives to reach to put them away).

I am anticipating a night of labrador flatulence... and if they puke up a bunch of sausages at 3am, guess who's NOT cleaning it up!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Groceries, unthinking SU's and opportunistic labradors

I had an ex-girl friend leave me 25 pounds of flour on my kitchen table one time when I wasn't home when I had Midnite. ;D Need I say more. :

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

:P :P Sorry I just had to laugh both at pups and SU. *sheesh* what does it take to get a man to think something through ? LOL

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

LOL thats funny! At least you were thinking, at our house it is IMPERITIVE that I put the diapers and toilet paper away IMMEDIATLY or else our labs will have those chewed up as though they were groceries ;D

Lexis Mom is offline Senior Member

Egad, after 4 years you'd think he'd remember that labs will investigate and/or eat anything they can get to. I know with Lexi pretty much anything is fair-game to be sniffed over to see if it is remotely edible.

I so hope you don't end up with gassy/pukie labbies tonight.

My pretty girl, Lexi!

BudGirl8 Guest

Good lord. Billie inspects EVERYTHING that comes home from any store, food or not. If it passes she ignores it. If it doesn't pass she picks it up. And if it's particularly interesting she shreds it. Edible and it's gone.

Last night the offending item was a Mtn. Dew box. ;D

SU should've known better than to leave yummy sausages out...hope the sausages are processed without repercussions. Lab fumes are nasty. :-X

This is so funny to read. The same could have happened here...the same with the dog and the same with the husband. ;D