What should I name him?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What should I name him?

DefaultWhat should I name him?

So I just picked up my new Lab, 5 month old puppy from his(somewhat) abusive owners. No training, not housebroken and no name :-\. He sure does have a lot of energy, took him for a nice long walk and played fetch with him in the back yard for about 15 minutes and he is still jumpping all over the place . I think I'm going to have a good time with this guy, the first time he saw himself in the mirror, he started barking at his reflection ;D . I thought that was hilarious. Anyways, any ideas on what I should name him? He's a Black/Chocolate lab.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

daisyandwikismom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: What should I name him?

Harry!!
    I wanted to name Wiki Harry but got vetoed probably a good thing. My next lab wayyy down the road will be Harry. Maybe!

Daisy barks at her reflection too. It is funny. We would sit with her and tell her "Daisy it"s you with Mommy and Daddy" but I don't think dogs have that kind of reasoning.
    You new friend is very cute and he's lucky he has you.
    Good luck with him
    Karen

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

We have a mirror at the landing at the bottom of our stairs. We know when HK is going upstairs, or just came down. She barks at herself every time.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

swiper, so you can say swiper not swiping...swiper nooooo swoping, well thats what my daughter wanted to call poppy but shes a girl. fluke, shilo, gizmo.....he is a cutie, have you thought it might be his food. my friend has a dog that was super excited and she changed her diet, it calmed her down alot, or he's just counting his lucky stars to have found a forever home.

Congratulations on your new pup..you called him a black/chocolate lab?? He's a black lab, from what I can see. Chocolate labs are brownish..like my Dakota.
    As for a name...Cash...(Johnny Cash, all in black), Zorro, Onyx..sorry..too early to think yet..
    Good luck with the new baby.. Jackie

Quote Originally Posted by PeerlessPasser
    So I just picked up my new Lab, 5 month old puppy from his(somewhat) abusive owners. No training, not housebroken and no name :-\. He sure does have a lot of energy, took him for a nice long walk and played fetch with him in the back yard for about 15 minutes and he is still jumpping all over the place . I think I'm going to have a good time with this guy, the first time he saw himself in the mirror, he started barking at his reflection ;D . I thought that was hilarious. Anyways, any ideas on what I should name him? He's a Black/Chocolate lab.

just thought of some nother names, sootie, black jack, coal, milo.

KLM

It took 2 weeks for SU and I to come up with "Jake"....lol. Since then the two names that we've thought that would also be fitting are Rowdy (after a Clint Eastwood character - SU loves Clint! and because of Jakes "rowdiness") and Odie (SU still calls him this sometimes...because of Jakes rediculously silly, happy-go-lucky and personality and because of the way his tongue is always hanging out ;D).

So Rowdy or Odie may fit your guy too!

Here is the "Odie" I'm talking about

I think he looks kind of like a Dugan - VERY cute! Congrats on your new pup!!

Quote Originally Posted by KLM
    It took 2 weeks for SU and I to come up with "Jake"....lol. Since then the two names that we've thought that would also be fitting are Rowdy (after a Clint Eastwood character - SU loves Clint! and because of Jakes "rowdiness") and Odie (SU still calls him this sometimes...because of Jakes rediculously silly, happy-go-lucky and personality and because of the way his tongue is always hanging out ;D).

So Rowdy or Odie may fit your guy too!

Here is the "Odie" I'm talking about
    size of that tongue!!

kaytris is offline Senior Member

Lazarus, as he's received a new life.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast