dock dogs
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dock dogs

wa-lab is offline Senior Member

Defaultdock dogs

I'm so excited to see dock dogs, they are coming to our county fair this year. Anyone been to a show before? or is it called a competition?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dani is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: dock dogs

It's a competition...and several of us on this board compete. Check out the dog sports section of this forum.

Here's a picture of my Rider jumping:

Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

wa-lab is offline Senior Member

What a wonderful picture of Rider jumping! Thanks for sharing it. I've been meaning to comment, but I think the rescue work you do is fantastic. I so kick myself for not rescuing a dog instead of getting a puppy. I was just really worried with kids to rescue a dog and have it not be friendly enough with the kids. Now I have a monster puppy that is too rough for them It didn't seem like there were very many rescue dogs in our location and the ones that were here were not the best choices. I'd never heard of the transport relays like you have until I came on this board. Live and learn I guess.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dani is offline Senior Member

Don't kick yourself for buying a pup. Ironically, neither of my dogs are rescues...but it's not to say that I won't fall totally in love (more so than I already do) with one of my rescues and they stay permanently here with me an the boys.

Rescue is great but it's not for everybody...and like buying from breeders...not all breed specific rescues are good rescues. You have to do your homework. Your pup will grow into a wonderful dog and you will laugh about the stuff he's pulling as a pup.

Enjoy the dock diving event...it's a lot of fun and the people are usually really cool.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

Hunter is offline Senior Member

Duke is a Dock Dog, although a miserable one, he is just to heavy, he can not get enough lift. But we still have fun going to the competitions and watching the dogs do their stuff.

We got Duke at 8 months old from a pet rescue that was doing a adoption day at a local PetCo, they told me he was picked up as a stray. Out of the three dogs I have had, he is the most obedient and loves kids.

Duke doing what he loves - chasing tennis balls

One of my favorite pics

Jen

Robert - Are you going to any of the local dock dog events this year? We are contemplating on whether to sign Neo up for an "official" dock dog event.

k8show is offline Senior Member

How fun! Great pictures.
    Katie and Boo

Hunter is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jen
    Robert - Are you going to any of the local dock dog events this year? We are contemplating on whether to sign Neo up for an "official" dock dog event.
    Probably not this year, the only one that is close by is in Hastings MN, July 20-22 - Next Weekend!

Unfortuntly I will be out of town that weekend.

Did you bring New to the last Lab fest? There were so many Labs out there I can not remember who was who.

I remember seeing pics of Neo jumping, he looks like he has a pretty good form.

If interested, here is the link
    http://www.dockdogs.com/component/op...iew/extid,305/

Jen

Nope. We weren't at the last lab fest. We are thinking about entering Neo in next weekend's event. We are going to see how he does at the lake this weekend. We are working on the stay while we throw the dummy.

Murray is a Dock Dog. This is probably his most favorite sport since it involves jumping, swimming AND playing fetch (although we recently started training for hunt test and he seems to think that rates right up there too).

Here is a picture of Murray and my SU competing.

Murray is also a rescue and was picked up as a stray. We adopted him when he was 2 and had no idea if he was good around kids. Here he is 4 mth after we adopted him. That's my SU's niece checking out Murray's tonsils.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast