F!@#ing crime scene in my house
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [email protected]#ing crime scene in my house

theoconbrio is offline Senior Member

Default[email protected]#ing crime scene in my house

[NO PHOTOS ATTACHED. YOU'LL THANK ME.]

So the phone rings at 4 p.m., and it's SU, and her first words are, "We have a problem here, but don't worry, I think he's OK."

Uh oh.

Seems that the bit of loose poop that Theo had this morning decided to blossom into full-blown gastritis while we were at work. SU came home early because I was worried about the looseness (he's usually very predictable), but nonetheless too late. She found:

• Office: 1 pile of diarrhea on the heirloom braided rug made my grandma (may she RIP). Which had been partially "cleaned up." This is not the first time this particular rug has gotten it; I think he has an affinity for it.
    • Bedroom: 1 pile of thrown up diarrhea in the bed, on our comforter
    • Guest room: 1 puddle of mucousy, frothy bile
    • Dining room: 1 pile of diarrhea under the dining-room table, half "cleaned up"
    • Living room (needs subcategories)
      * couch: 1 pile of thrown-up diarrhea on cushions. Dog throws were carefully and politely moved aside so as not to get them dirty
      * carpet: 5 individual puddles of mucousy, frothy bile
      * dog bed: 1 puddle of mucousy, frothy bile

How--how, I ask you?--is this much destruction possible? If I opened I firehose in the house, I wouldn't be as successful as he was at covering every possible surface. (Interestingly, not a single bit of hardwood, laminate, or tile was touched by his effluent.) The only thing I can imagine is that he was panicking and running from room to room.

It's 3.5 hours later, and I *think* we're almost done cleaning up. Theo is shut up in the kitchen, lonely and whimpering. I know he's really sick because he refused a spoonful of cottage cheese and water. He suddenly looks scrawny. Poor guy.

So here we go, 12 hours with only ice cubes, and then the bland diet. Let's hope it works!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

CJs Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: [email protected]#ing crime scene in my house

Aww Poor Theo. Sorry about your messes. hope the little guy is doing better soon.
    Laura & CJ in New Hampshire

Dixies Mom is offline Senior Member

Oh gosh, poor Theo!! Hope is tummy is feeling better soon.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Good thoughts to Theo, I know messes are bad, but I know he meant no bad by it. Keep us informed as to how he's doing.

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

Sorry about the messes, but my heart goes out to poor Theo! Hope he is feeling well real soon :-*!

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

Do you know what's wrong with him? If he were mine with this much diarrhea and vomiting, he be going to the vet. Hope he's OK, Nathan.

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

theoconbrio is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by buddysmom
    Do you know what's wrong with him? If he were mine with this much diarrhea and vomiting, he be going to the vet. Hope he's OK, Nathan.
    I know, Monnie. It's really weird. The sheer volume and frequency was extraordinary. But when I got home, he grabbed a toy and wiggled all over, and then wanted to play fetch. Right now he's tossing his stuffed gorilla in the air. So I'm just watching his energy level. If he refuses food tomorrow morning, I'm going to take him in.

Thanks for all your good thoughts.

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

Oh no Nathan! Oh, I'm so sorry you had to spend all evening cleaning. And I hate to think about poor Theo, running from room to room, trying to find an appropriate place.

I don't know why it is they don't choose easy to clean surfaces. Maybe it is the same drive that won't let them go potty anywhere but grass. It has to be a soft surface?

I sure hope his tummy is better tomorrow. And hope you all get some good rest tonight.

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

Hope his tummy is better soon.

But I hate to tell you it like Cinnamon a month ago. She was sick all day Sat but happy go lucky playful in between times. Sunday arrived and she was no longer loosing it at both ends but felt so bad her tail was between her legs and she had that "mom I'm so sick" hound dog face. Thankfully my SIL vet is open 8-6 on Sundays and they got us in. A couple hundred bucks later the shots, fluids and other meds they gave her and by the time I got home from getting the over the counter drug she was well enough to jump on the couch and welcome me home. But it took a good 2 weeks to get back to her usual healthy self.

Hope Theo feels better tomorrow.

lubmylabs is offline Senior Member

I hope Theo feels better. Poor little guy. Someone once told me dogs choose the most absorbent surface for their excretions, which sounds about right. I know in our house, which is all hardwood and tile except for 3 rugs, it's ALWAYS the rugs that get it. To be fair, our two are pretty good and will usually run towards the back door, but if nobody makes it there in time to let them out, they retreat to the rug.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast