Web cam
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Web cam

DefaultWeb cam

Have any of you put a camera up to see just what does go on when you aren't at home? I really wonder what the two of them do when we are gone. We know what Skye does if she isn't in her crate - the evidence is clear - so she spends her time alone in her crate. But what does Tugg do - stand at the crate and tease her? Explore the counter tops in search of treats? We know he sleeps on the couch or in the recliner part of the time; the yellow fur gives that away.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Web cam

I probably would never go back to work if I did a web cam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know. I hadn't thought about that. I really should do that to see what exactly happens for them to tear up 2 comforters and a remote control. Bleh.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Oh, I have often thought about doing that, just out of curiousity. I think what happens though is that he lounges in his crate, that's where he is whenever I come in the house anyway.

I am considering doing it though, after what I learned from my neighbour this week. My husband just left last Friday for a year long UN mission to Syria. Cooper moped all weekend - not sure if it was due to my hubby's absence, my sadness, the rain or a combination thereof. On Monday I went out for a few hours and apparently Cooper howled - not barked, but howled - for awhile. I left some windows open and my neighbour could hear him. He was so concerned, he came over and was looking in the windows, he thought something had happened to me! Poor Cooper, he must have been sad. It broke my heart to hear of this. :'( So a camera or even just a sound activated recorder might be in order, just to see if he does it all the time. If it's a habit, I may have to get someone to come in during the day when I return to work in a few weeks.

If anyone does the web cam thing, post it! I'd like to see it!

Bev.

labby is offline Senior Member

I've done it. Someone was tearing up the newspapers. I thought for sure it was Darby. So I set up a video camera. Imagine my surprise when it was my sweet innocent Stevie!!!

Then a year or so ago, the papers were being shredded again and of course I blamed Stevie. Put out the video camera again and caught Libby in the act.

Laura

Wow...your husband is gone for a whole year? That has to be tough on you and Cooper. I know my dogs would miss my DH terribly. I hope the time goes by quickly for you.

I still leave mine in crates when we are not home, so there wouldn't be anything too exciting going on.

8 hours of me watching tucker sleep on the couch doesn't make for very interesting footage

Quote Originally Posted by labby
    I've done it. Someone was tearing up the newspapers. I thought for sure it was Darby. So I set up a video camera. Imagine my surprise when it was my sweet innocent Stevie!!!

Then a year or so ago, the papers were being shredded again and of course I blamed Stevie. Put out the video camera again and caught Libby in the act.

How does your puppy lab cam work Laura? Do you have a computer next to their pen?

labby is offline Senior Member

Yes Amanda. My desktop is right next to the pen and its connected by a 16' cable.

Laura

amazongold is offline Senior Member

I had thought of doing one for Shadow, because I always found her Kong either at the foot of my bed or next to my computer chair. Problem is, my computer camera would only cover the computer room. I would need one in the living room for Buddy, because I close all the other doors to keep him out of the bedroom, computer room, and bathroom. I'd love to see what he does all day!
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast