What is your dogs morning routine?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your dogs morning routine?

Tater Tot Guest

DefaultWhat is your dogs morning routine?

When I get up I go down walk Tater put his food down and I go back up stairs to finish getting dressed. Then you can here the train coming up the stairs to find Cody and I. Depending on where I am when he comes up he comes looking for me first. So he finds me gives me kisses on my feet and then he is off to find Cody. Now picture this whole time he has a bone in his mouth.

Then he goes to the bedroom (Cody gets up when I leave the house) if Cody has the covers over him, and Tater cant find him he will go in all the closets bathroom go out to the hallway. Then Cody rolls over and Taters ears and tail go up. He runs over to give Cody kisses on the face and show him his bone. Cody will either pull him up to the bed and have him lay with him until he gets up. Or Cody gets up and plays with him for a little while before he has to get dressed.

I just wanted to share this story because every morning when this happens I think it is just so cute.

How about your dogs routine?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

rexduke Guest

DefaultRe: What is your dogs morning routine?

Duke layes in bed with SU until I'm showered and ready for work, I go in and wake Duke up with huggs and a belly rub, he yawns & stretches and slowly gets out of bed, I let him out for a pee and he sits on the deck until he wants to come back in. Then he grabs the nearest toy and heads back to bed with SU. I put out his food and water for the morning and he usually dosen't touch it until SU gets up. SU will let him out on the deck while he is getting ready for work. Then Duke comes in and eats. SU heads off to work and Duke goes back to bed.
    That is Dukes week day morning ritual.

On the weekends SU & I get up at the same time, and Duke is usually in bed with us so we both cuddle him and get sloppy kisses from Duke, :-* until Duke gets up from bed and wants out to pee, SU will usually get up and let him out and get him his breakfast, Duke will always grab a toy and come running back to bed for more cuddles though. ;D While we make breakfast Duke sits out on the deck.

mornings are my favorite time of day.

I don't know anymore! I moved in with my Boyf a few months ago and Bobbie lives with my parents :'(

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Trickster is offline Senior Member

On boy. Mornings are pretty hectic in this house. Every day is different so we do not have a routine. But roughly...

Weekday mornings:

Up early to be greeted by 4 hungry, wagging dogs. Feed dogs. Feed cats. Feed fish. They always get fed straight away. Then outside to do their business. If it's a nice morning I will leave them outside while I have my breakfast/get dressed/etc. If not, they come back in. As soon as I am ready we will go out for our morning walk. After our walk they may bum around for a bit, hoovering up crumbs in the kitchen before crashing out or chewing a bone/toy.

Weekends are much more chilled. Whoever is up first feeds the dogs and lets them out. I take my time getting up, showering, having breakfast, etc. Depending on what time I get out, the morning walk is usually much later -- 9:00-10:00am.

So yeah, no real routine here. They are quite happy to go with the flow.

Tater Tot Guest

OUr weekends are different from our weekdays. Tater sleeps with us on the weekends because we are up later and I think that makes him much more tired. So its easier for him to sleep with us. Any who, I will get up around 7 to walk him. I will put food and water down for him. But half the time he just follows me back up stairs and goes back to sleep or chews on a bone until we get up. Which is some where between 9:30 and 10:30 just depends. Then we all go down stairs to eat. Tater lays on my feet while we make breakfast hoping I drop something. Most of the time he gets his own egg with some cheese on top.

After breakfast off we go to Codys parents for a day of running and swimming and sniffing.

Chester B. Dickens is offline Senior Member

Weekdays: Up @ 5:15. Dressed quickly and out the door for a walk. Back by 6AM or so. Bfst for Wesley, shower for me, out the door by 7 or so, depending on how sluggish I am.

Weekends: Same drill except after the walk, I'll either nestle back in bed for some more Zzzzz or sit in the family room w/Wes and watch the morning news shows.

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

Weekdays - up, off bed, s-t-r-e-t-c-h, bound down the stairs, out side, pee break, inside, cookie, back up stairs, on bed, back to sleep.

Weekends, up off bed, tear down the stairs, go out front, pee, into the van, drive to Timmie's, home, eat Tim Bit, back to sleep

MidwestGirl is offline Senior Member

As soon as my feet hit the floor Sadie is up too. She shakes her head...flop flop goes the ears...then she is ready to go out and do her business, sniff the air, look around for anything different and bark at something if it is. Then she gets our newspaper and runs in the house and waits for her Scooby Snack. Then I feed her and she is good for the rest of the morning. ;D

Trickster is offline Senior Member

Weekdays - up, off bed, s-t-r-e-t-c-h, bound down the stairs, out side, pee break, inside, cookie, back up stairs, on bed, back to sleep.

Weekends, up off bed, tear down the stairs, go out front, pee, into the van, drive to Timmie's, home, eat Tim Bit, back to sleep
    Woah. Those pups have it rough.

Labs4life is offline Senior Member

As if Maggie and Daisy were on a timer,they wake up at 5:15. The minute they hear my eyelid creak open ,both of their faces are 1 inch from mine. We head downstairs. I make the coffee and they head out back for a potty break. I call them in and Daisy goes up stairs to wake Lor, while Maggie stares out the window as I get the paper. 5:30 is doggie breakfast while I sip coffee and read the paper. Maggie has the task of delivering sections of th paper to Lorri. This she takes very seriously. After that it's a little exercise out back,while I water the gardens and de-poop the yard.

Weekends are the same except we go to the lake for swimming around 7:00am. in the warm months.
    The Constitution is suppose to guarantee everyone the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, but the Constitution does not guarantee everyone equal outcomes.
    Some people are more talented, educated, thieving and dishonest than others.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast