Tankie Peeking IN Here
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tankie Peeking IN Here

The Texas Tank is offline Senior Member

DefaultTankie Peeking IN Here

He has been doing good but gradually slowing down the last 4 days and shedding like a .....whatever.

Encephalitis I am afraid is still lurking.

The shedding happened last time he was on antibiotics for a long time so he is now off those. As for slowing down? I think the antibiotics are not working as he has been off Prednisone for 2 weeks so I think that is why he is slowing. I gave him PRed this am and he back to himself. Going to touch base with A&M tomorrow to see is they want to try an different antibiotic. I think the Doxycycline worked well last year but gave him very extremely high liver values. Might be a chance we need to take again.

As for the cancer............no sign yet.......(runs for the biggest piece of wood she can find to knock on).

He went swimming for the first time in a year last night. I think the Tramadol helped him get "into" the pool. I let him do three gos to the deep end for his volley ball and then out. Don't want to push him.

You can tell he enjoyed it. He slept with me "all night" in bed for the first time in almost a year. Don't know what that means. He has been getting in - eating his cookies - and then getting out.
    Sandie, Tank 5/25/1998 - 07/08/2011, Orson & Sully

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Gus and Zekes Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Tankie Peeking IN Here

Thanks for the update on Tank. I'll join you in knocking on wood that the cancer will stay hidden.

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

A Tankie you are still the cutest boy on the forum!! Tell mom your just fine, just needed a little slow down! :-*

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Glad to hear that Tank enjoyed the swim. Hopefully A&M can get you another antibiotic. Give the big guy a cookie for me.

lablimo is offline Senior Member

Always love to hear how Tankie doing -- thanks for letting us know.

Jeep274 is offline Senior Member

Glad to hear Tankie was able to go for a swim! I hope a new antibiotic works out for him. (Joining you in knocking on wood and sending a little prayer his way)

pj

thanks for the tankie update!
    continued good thoughts out to you both! and pls give him a big hug and :-* from us!

ruff n tumble crew is offline Senior Member

It's miserable hot and humid down here right now. Maybe that's slowing him down some. I know it is me. LOL Give that handsome boy a big hug for me.

poppy and i are new to JL forum and i've seen the tank on other threads, we'll be always thinking of him and wishing him well, i think he's scrummy! poppy does too so a big kiss from her and all the best from me,

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

Oh Sandie, so glad to hear Tankie was back in his beloved pool. Hope the A&M can get him some relief.

Any chance for pics ?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast