I need moral support here...

Thread: I need moral support here...

DefaultI need moral support here...

I am about to trade these two idiots in on fish or something that doesn't tear up everything in sight. I came home today to my $200 comforter shredded to pieces. Yesterday, they ate a Digital Cable remote. Last week, they ate the other cable remote. (Ok, not ate, just mauled) The week before that, they put a hole in my Suede Down comforter (FEATHERS EVERYWHERE). What is next? I hate to ask. Most days they are wonderful, however, they really do a job on Remotes and Comforters when they have a chance. Can anyone relate? I am almost in tears here. I have no clue what else to do. Bo breaks out of his crate. I tell you he has broken tie straps that hold cars on trailers. The Butthead breaks out and leaves poor Luke in his crate. Bo then gets into mischief out of the crate alone and Luke is hollering up a storm telling his brother how upset he is that he is locked up and Bo isn't. It is way to hot to leave them outside all day. Plus, on 10 acres they can get into a heck of a lot of trouble alone.

UG! I just needed to vent a little.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

kaytris is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: I need moral support here...

Can you dogproof one room and leave them closed in there?

Labsrme is offline Senior Member

Get Kennel-Aire crates - they are much stronger than most dog crates. Kennel-Aires are especially good for dogs that break out of other crates. I think Drs. Foster and Smith has them.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by kaytris
    Can you dogproof one room and leave them closed in there?
    Actually, the bedroom is the dog proof room. They have been having spurts of unusual energy lately. Even with intense running sessions before going into the room.

Quote Originally Posted by Labsrme
    Get Kennel-Aire crates - they are much stronger than most dog crates. Kennel-Aires are especially good for dogs that break out of other crates. I think Drs. Foster and Smith has them.
    I just checked these out, and they are the same as what we have. Bo will take all 80 pounds of himself and slam it into the front of the crate. I have 2 crates with bowed fronts that he has slammed into and made come undone. We have strapped him in, we have bent the hooks, everything. He is a frickin Houdini.

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

Remotes, comforters, breaking out of the crate...they must have been talking to Brigetta!
    All of my remotes have teeth marks on them. She doesn't always chew them, sometimes I find her sleeping with one of the remotes under her chin :-\ She somehow pulled my comforter through the bars of her crate and shredded part of it and was always breaking out of her old crate. I had wire reinforcers and padlocks on it. I know a lot of people have had success with the vari-kennels and I have had success with this crate. When I got it, I started the crate training from the beginning. Even though she gets into far less trouble now, except for the remotes (it's a real obsession for her ), I don't think Brigetta will ever be a dog that I can leave out of the crate when I'm not there.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Produc...1&N=2001&Nty=1

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence