Any Purina ONE feeders?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Purina ONE feeders?

DefaultAny Purina ONE feeders?

Just curious ...

Ivy and Raleigh are on Wellness White Fish and Sweet Potato, mainly because of Ivy's allergy issues. I saw that Purina ONE has come out with a 'Sensitive' blend with a salmon protein source. The ingredient list is very similar to Wellness, with the exception of the fact that the Purina does have corn meal (potential allergen alert).

Anyway ... sometimes I feel like I have become a big "dog food snob", assuming that the Wellness must be better because it costs more ... now I wonder? Is it really better? Could Purina be just as good? Any Purina ONE feeders out there ... would love to hear, good or bad. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Any Purina ONE feeders?

We fed Bailey Purina ONE LB Puppy for her first year. (We have since switched to ProPlan for her adult food.)
    No experiences with the "sensitive" blend, but we never had any problems with her on the lb puppy formula.

Labsrme is offline Senior Member

IMO Wellness is a much better quality food than Purina.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Anything without Corn is better to me.

georgie is offline Senior Member

I just want to say. It depends on how the dog does. Wellnes is a good quality food & I was switching Molly to that after she was a year old. Her stools became very loose & I was not half way through the switch. I think it was too rich for her. I put her on ProPlan chicken & rice & she has done well. Her coat is shiny, no ear problems & good stools. It is not a low end food maybe middle of the road, but both of our labs eat it & they are doing well.

We fed our last lab Purina One & she also did well. So it is a matter of what works for your dog.

Thanks everyone! We're doing fine on Wellness, but not GREAT ... Raleigh is not digesting it as well as I hoped ... and I don't think it has as significant an effect on Ivy's allergies as it has in years past. We're going to be looking for something new ... starting to read labels ...

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

I love Purina ONE Lamb and Rice. Buddy does so well on it. My Vet feeds and highly recommends ONE.

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

Janna and Boomer is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by buddysmom
    I love Purina ONE Lamb and Rice. Buddy does so well on it. My Vet feeds and highly recommends ONE.
    Ditto. Boomer LOVES it..and he's really picky about kibble. I figure if I can at least get him to eat it, it's already got a leg up on the competition.

His poops seem totally normal for the most part, his coat looks great, he's nice and trim and has plenty of energy. I'm happy with it.

The only Purine One with Salmon that I saw on their website was for cats.

Quote Originally Posted by kiddsmom
    The only Purine One with Salmon that I saw on their website was for cats.
    Here is the food that I looked at today ... it's called Sensitive Systems, and salmon was listed first ... also includes rice and oatmeal (o.k. for us) and corn (iffy for us) ... http://www.purinaone.com/products_dog_ss.asp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast