Surgery scheduled AGAIN - this Friday :(
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Surgery scheduled AGAIN - this Friday :(

Pam
    Pam is offline Senior Member

DefaultSurgery scheduled AGAIN - this Friday :(

I know what you are thinking. I can't believe it either. I'm so drained.
    I took Buddy in to meet with the surgeon and the vet this morning. It's obvious there is something wrong with his newly repaired leg so I called them together to see us.
    When they tried to manipulate his repaired leg, he cried out in pain. New xrays were taken. My boy was so good and cooperative, he didn't need to get anesthesia.
    The xrays confirmed he has a damaged meniscus. We don't know if it is the result of his fall out of the car a few weeks ago or one of the many times he tried to get in the car for his follow-up appts. or just trying to get himself up and around the house. The bone appears to be mending well and grafting itself to his titanium parts as it is supposed to. The surgeon was very pleased with his progress in that respect. Especially considering his age. But this damaged meniscus is preventing him from using the leg and strengthening his muscle as it causes him sharp stabbing pain when he attempts to use it. I can relate having gone through 2 knee surgeries myself.
    So Friday afternoon - which now that I'm home I realize is Friday the 13th - he will get surgery on that leg again. The surgeon said the incision will be on the other side of the same leg and will be a very small cut in comparison to the one that is now healed. He said it's a relatively quick procedure as all he needs to do is reach in and snip out the damaged area.
    Assuming all goes well, he will come home late in the day Friday and we will start yet another recovery process.
    I know the majority of you pray so I'm asking you once again to talk to God on Buddy's behalf.
    Thank you all so much.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Surgery scheduled AGAIN - this Friday :(

Oh, gosh- poor Buddy! Will definitely send positive thoughts your way for a succesfull surgery.

einstein's legacy is offline Senior Member

My good thoughts and prayers for Buddy. I hope this surgery goes smoothly and he'll be on the road to recovery. It's awful knowing they're in pain and there's little we can do to help.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

2yellowlabs is offline Senior Member

Pam - My heart goes out to you - one more thing to get thru. You and Buddy are in my thoughts and prayers, and will be again on Friday. B
    Betsy
    Kelleygreens Couer D'Or, CGC,CD, RAE2 - Doro - Nov. 21, 1995 to Jan. 14, 2010
    Kelleygreens The Shamrock Kid, CGC, OM, UDX2, RE, NA, NAJ, AXP, AJP, ASCA CDX, - Shamrock
    Kelleygreens The Few, The Proud, CGC, CDX, GN, NA - Recon

Dixies Mom is offline Senior Member

Poor Buddy.....and poor you. I know this has to be difficult. I will definitely keep Buddy and you in my prayers.

luke from georgia is offline Senior Member

i'm so sorry about buddy's leg. i'll be sending good thoughts your way.
    i hope the surgery goes well.

"Properly trained, a man can be dog's best friend." ~ Corey Ford

Aww Pam. I'm so sorry you are both going thru this. Hopefully this will fix everything and he'll be good as new again soon.

lablimo is offline Senior Member

Oh, I'm so sorry you are going through this again -- (((HUGS))) and prayers coming your way.

I was just wondering about you guys the other day and was going to post to ask how Buddy is doing! Gosh, I wish it was better news. I will definitely add you and Buddy to my prayers. I am so sorry you are going through this nightmare. Hopefully it will be quick and painless for Buddy!

My offer still stands, if you need an extra hand for ANYTHING, just let me know!

good luck buddy!!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast