Just Labradors saved Nala's life this weekend
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just Labradors saved Nala's life this weekend

DefaultJust Labradors saved Nala's life this weekend

Well let me explain, so this weekend my cousin and I took both Nala and his lab mix hondo up to the lake for the weekend. Everything was going well and the dogs had a great time on Friday. First thing Saturday morning I got up a 5 and feed Nala after she went out as usual. When my cousin woke up at 6 he fed hondo and also gave Hondo his pain and anti-inflamatory medicine. After getting changed and ready to take the boats out I went into the kitchen to find that Nala had gotten up onto the counter and knocked off Hondos meds. She had also gotten the bottle open and taken all the pills. I had only left her alone for a minute so I knew that she had just swallowed the pills and remembering what I have read on here I grabbed the Peroxide and forced some down her throat. After just a minute or two she started to throw up and since she had just eaten a little while before up came about 2 cups of food. I grabbed some gloves and started searching through the food looking for the pills unfortunately it was the same color as her food but I was able to identify most of the pills. Well we closed up the lake house and headed back to town so I could get her to her vet just in case she had absorbed some. Well 2 days and 400 and some odd dollars later Nala has a clean bill of health and the Vet said it was do to me reacting quickly and making her throw it back up that probably saved Nalas life. So I just wanted to thank everyone on here since I can't remember where exactly I saw it first but if it hadn't been for this site there is a good chance Nala would not be climbing on me right now while I type this, so thank you very much to everyone.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Just Labradors saved Nala's life this weekend

Oh my gosh... I'm so glad she is ok. Good thing you acted so quickly.

amazongold is offline Senior Member

So glad to hear that Nala is okay! I know that had to be a very frightening time for you. This board is an absolute wealth of knowledge and help!!
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

I'm glad Nala is ok and that you discovered the missing pills quickly and got her to vomit them up.

bibber is offline Senior Member

Thank goodness Nala is ok! I've had to use peroxide to induce vomiting before also, and wouldn't have known to do that if I hadn't read it here.

Brenda, Sam & Bodie

I am so glad Nala is ok. I did the same thing when Cinnamon got into mums pain pills and it was her I learned it also.

4yelloweyedogs is offline Senior Member

I'm so glad she's ok........ poor girl.......... yep, this place is a wealth of good info !!

Melissa
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

http://theyelloweyedog.weebly.com/

JacobAlthea&Tatum is offline Senior Member

I'm glad you were able to act quickly and save her!

As a reminder to those who are just learning about this: you induce vomiting when a dog swallows something poisonous, but NOT if the dog swallows something that is a choking hazard or if the fear is that the item might not be able to pass through the dog safely. If a dog swallows something that is a choking hazard, it could likely get stuck on the way back up and choke the dog.
    I'm Jenn. Keeper of two labs in my home and one forever in my heart.

Throw the ball, damn it!

lablimo is offline Senior Member

Whooo boy, that is some drama -- good thinking on your part. I'm so glad she is OK.

Linda1 is offline Senior Member

What a scare. I'm so glad everything turned out ok.

Brookville, Pa.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast