My turn to vent
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My turn to vent

Kathy5475 is offline Senior Member

DefaultMy turn to vent

I just talked to Riley's original "mom"..... she has Riley's mother and kept 2 of the pups. She told me Riley's dad was killed about 2 weeks after I adopted Riley. He had gotten out of the house and was hit by a car. That's bad enough, and I know accidents happen. Whoever hit his dog drug him for 3 miles then threw him in the ditch and then took off. What the HELL is wrong with some people??????? And people have the nerve to poo poo me and call me neurotic because I won't let Riley off her leash yet. Neurotic? I think not.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Kathryn Guest

DefaultRe: My turn to vent

OMG thats so sad!

How old is Riley?

How could someone drag a dog 3 miles and not know it? ???

Also who the heck disagrees with you keeping your dog on a leash? Mine are never off a leash when they aren't fenced.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Riley is 5 1/2 months. That's exactly what I said....how can you drag a dog, especially a 75lb lab 3 miles and not know it. Obviously these idiots had to know it and were hoping he would have dropped off their car. Maybe he would have lived if they had just stopped to get him immediate help. My hope is that when it's their turn, the devil drags them all the way to hell and says OOPS, i didn't know you were attached to my spear, so sorry. Here's a ditch for you to spend eternity in.

People I work with tell me that the only way I will train her to come to me off-leash is to let her off-leash and get her used to it. I've been working with her with a 15' lead in the fenced-in back yard and she does NOT come to me yet, when I call her, so she's obviously not ready (and neither am I). Yup, I'm neurotic and proud of it ;D

I hope there is a special place in hell for people like that.

4yelloweyedogs is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tbog
    SO do I !!!!!

I don't think you're neurotic either........

Melissa
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

http://theyelloweyedog.weebly.com/

Quote Originally Posted by kathy5475
    Riley is 5 1/2 months. That's exactly what I said....how can you drag a dog, especially a 75lb lab 3 miles and not know it. Obviously these idiots had to know it and were hoping he would have dropped off their car. Maybe he would have lived if they had just stopped to get him immediate help. My hope is that when it's their turn, the devil drags them all the way to hell and says OOPS, i didn't know you were attached to my spear, so sorry. Here's a ditch for you to spend eternity in.

People I work with tell me that the only way I will train her to come to me off-leash is to let her off-leash and get her used to it. I've been working with her with a 15' lead in the fenced-in back yard and she does NOT come to me yet, when I call her, so she's obviously not ready (and neither am I). Yup, I'm neurotic and proud of it ;D

I completely agree with you about the leash. Don't worry. You can work on come all the time. Inside the house, in the yard, wherever. She'll eventually get it.

Back to the sire. Did anyone see this dog dragged 3 miles? Canine love and decency aside, I don't know of anyone who would risk damage to their car like that.

How well do you know these breeders and what proof do they have that anyone dragged their dog? Are you sure they didn't just find their dog dead in a ditch 3 miles away and assume it had to have been dragged there?

I disagree with all of the comments in this post (and an alarming amount of other recent posts) wishing that people burn in Hell for their treatment of dogs. I don't wish for anyone to burn in Hell. Not anyone.

Jeffrey Dahmer made comments about reformation in prison and praying to God asking forgiveness for all he had done. As despicable as his actions were, I hope he did truly change before he was killed.

As much as I hate Hitler and Bin Laden I can't even wish that they suffer a fate that terrible. They probably will....but I won't wish for it.

I do hope that people pay for their malicious actions, but this story sounds a little fishy to me. I'd be willing to bet a month's rent that no one intentionally hit this dog or dragged his body. I'd bet the owners of this dog made this story sound a little worse than it was to take the focus off of them for letting their dog out unleashed. JMHO

Run free sweet dog.
    btw. I'll bet he wouldn't want the people responsible for his death to burn in Hell either...whether he believes it was the driver or his family who let him out unattended.

that is horrible .... what could they possibly have been thinking...oh wait they obviously weren't. >

I am a firm believer in what goes around comes around .....they will get theirs.

I'm with you, mine are never off leash unless fenced in !!!

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

How horrible. :'( >

Quote Originally Posted by Tbog
    Ditto
    ~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/

Page, I chose to not get into the gory details in my original post, and I won't now, but there was physical evidence as to the point of impact to the final resting place (2.8 miles down the road to be exact), the ditch. With all due respect, people hit humans and keep going, with disregard to their vehicles and more importantly, to the fate of that person that was hit. Yes, it's unfortunate that the dog got out in the first place and accidents can, do, and will happen. The owner will forever will be haunted with the knowledge of "if only I had latched the door completely".

I am so sick of hearing about these deranged people who have commited heinous crimes that are in prison and "finding the bible" and "asking forgiveness of God" for their crimes. What else do they have to do with their pathetic lives?

Sorry, but I think you lose a month's rent here, and I stick by my original posts. I have no empathy for these people for whatever their reasoning and their begging for forgiveness. Wrong is wrong. Too many excuses in this world for their actions, and no consequences whatsoever.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast