Socialization went so well

Thread: Socialization went so well

DefaultSocialization went so well

Socializing with Wyatt went well last night. Lots of polite children racing and screaming. Wyatt perfected his sit with distractions and was pretty damned good with down. No matter how little the child, Wyatt obeyed their commands. Not too shabby for 12 weeks

Only problem, unexpectedly fireworks went off (scared the crap out of me) and Wyatt panicked. They were way too close for me, but a wonderful woman offered me a pepperoni stick since Wyatt was too panicked for his regular treats and I was able to get control of him (and me) and get him to do sits and downs during the fireworks which worked well for calming him.

Couldn't socialize with the other dogs though Everytime I approached someone and asked if their dog was dog friendly they said no and ran the other direction. Five dogs.... and not a one that was dog friendly (two lhasas, a maltese type, an old black lab, and eight month old border collie).

Guess I'll have to wait until puppy class and then he can stay in class with the older dogs.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

4yelloweyedogs is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Socialization went so well

Sounds like you can be mighty proud of him !!!! Good boy Wyatt !! Too bad about the fireworks.... that sucks...... and too bad about all the under socialized dogs....... :P

Melissa
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

http://theyelloweyedog.weebly.com/