Results from the Sarnia Kennel Club show!! (UPDATE: Sunday results!)
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Results from the Sarnia Kennel Club show!! (UPDATE: Sunday results!)

DefaultResults from the Sarnia Kennel Club show!! (UPDATE: Sunday results!)

Sunday:
    Hi everybody! Henery here! Momma and I went to the Big Fun Place again today! At first Moms wasn't sure whether to take me or not today, cuz I kinda throwded up last night... I snacked on some plums off gramma's tree yesterday and I thought 2 in the morning would be a good time to get rid of them pits! But by morning I was feeling my usual monkey self again so Moms thought, why not!

Anywho, we went back to the Big Fun Place today! We saw lots of dogs... show dogs getting their hair done and struttin' their stuff in the ring, rally dogs and 'bedience dogs! Momma said I had to be sure to watch Caleb very closely, cuz he's really good at the 'bedience thing. In fact, he was soo good yesterday, he gots to move up to Utility today!! We cheered him on! Go Caleb!!

Then I met Caleb's mommy again and snuck some lovins from her.

Okay, so this morning, me and Moms got to run first in rally! Woohoo! Moms said it was a nice course and I only got a few points deducted for my sloppy downs (I like to swing my bum out so that I can still see Mom when I'm lying down. ) and we ran the course clean!! AND GUESS WHAT?? We gots a score of 97 which was good 'nuff for 2nd place!! WOOHOO!!! Mommy sure was happy 'bout that.

Then in the afternoon, we tried PreNovice again. Oh lah lah. Momma said my heeling wasn't as good as yesterday but still pretty good for a yellow labramonkey. And then came the sit for exam! Boy, was Moms ever nervous, I could tell! I tried very hard to keep my wiggly bum on the mat like I'm s'posed to.... AND I DID!!!! WOOHOO!!! I kinda snuck a lick of the judge's hand though... shhh... don't tell.

Then came the long sit. I was sitting next to my new pal Sadie (english springer) and a big big black dog on my other side. On the other side of him was a baby rottie! He was only 6 months old!! Mom was standing away from me watching me... I decided it would be fun to mess with her and so I looked at Sadie for a while, and then I looked over at my rottie friend, and then I sniffed the air cuz it smelled like french fries. Oh boy, you shoulda seen Mom!! She came back to me awful quick when the judge said they could!! LOL!

AND GUESS WHAT?? We were the only ones in our class to qualify!!! WOOHOO!!! Mom still can't believe it!

So this weekend I gots two legs towards my Rally Novice title and one leg towards my PreNovice title!! ;D Momma said that I can have a scoop of ice cream later cuz I was sooo good!!

Later, labra-pals!
    Henery

PS. Here is a picture of me with today's ribbons!!

************************************************** ************************************
    Saturday:
    Hi everyone!!

Henery and I went down to the Sarnia Kennel Club show today! Henry ran in Rally Novice A this morning, and we came in 3rd with a score of 95!! ;D We tied the 2nd place team in points, but they outran us by mere seconds. :-\

This afternoon was our very first time in an obedience ring, getting our feet (and paws!) wet in PreNovice!! Eeep!!

Henry did great in the heeling pattern (I had been worried about his sits... he tends to swing his rear out), and in the circle left/circle right. In class we had only practiced this exercise with pylons, not real people, so I was worried Henery might steal a sniff or two of the living breathing "pylons"... but he did awesome!!

Then came the dreaded sit for exam. Henry hates getting his head touched, so the past few weeks I've been working on clicking&treating whenever he lets someone pat his head (and not so much concentrating on him keeping his bum down during this). He does fine with people he knows, but we're still working on it from strangers.

Anywho, Henery sits, I go out to the end of the leash, the happy jovial judge comes along, pats a still-sitting Henry on the head... but then... rubs his back!! Well! Henery leapt up, tail and back end wagging madly. Sigh... I love that he's happy, but stay means stay! Monkey!!

On to the recall, which Henry aces. He also nailed the long sit! YEAH!!

Needless to say, we have much work to do, but I'm sooo proud of him for doing so well our first time in!! We just recently started formal obedience training, and I want it to be fun for him. Plus, I'm hoping the off-leash component in novice will help with the off-leash in rally advanced!!

AND....

WE MET SUSAN AND CALEB!!!! Susan (yellow boys mom) is sooo nice and Caleb is such a sweetie! I watched them in their first trial of Open B, and they came in 3rd!! WOOHOO! I'm not sure how they did in their second trial, as it was still running when we left.

AND...

Melissa (luvmydogz2much)'s Ruby's littermate, Monte, ran rally with us and came in 4th!!

Well, we're back again tomorrow!!

Here's a pic of Henery with his rally ribbon!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Results from the Sarnia Kennel Club show!! (xposted in Obedience)

Yeah Henery - a champion in the making

We is proud of you

Your friend,

HBB

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

Oh I loved reading this!! You guys did SO awesome!!

Sigh, those Labs. The stand for exam is the hardest for Mr. Wiggles. Simon freezes like a statue, but if someone JOVIAL approached Angus...we're done.

They do a sit for exam instead of stand in Canada?

Congratulations on your placement in Rally! That is FANTASTIC!! So proud of you guys! He's come a long way baby!

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Oh Connie!! I was so pleased... no alligator death rolls ala his hero Angus, and no rocking back on his haunches to wave coyly at the judge... woohoo Henery!

We just have sit for exam in PreNovice... it's stand for exam from Novice on up! I thought stand for exam would be easier for Henry, but if they have to stand STILL, well... that might be another problem entirely!! LOL!!

RangerMom is offline Senior Member

Yeah Henry Boy! You look great with your ribbon!

Blackie and Ranger ...............................Reggie: 1996-2010 "Fly Reggie Fly"

labby is offline Senior Member

Congratulations Felicia and Henry!!

Laura

budbud is offline Senior Member

Henery Wow what a good boy you are and you look so cool in your ribbon!!

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

way to go felicia and henery!!!!
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)

Jefferson'n'Ted is offline Senior Member

Way to go Henry!! (And congrats to you too Felicia!!)
    “If I know every single phone call you’ve made, I’m able to determine every single person you’ve talked to; I can get a pattern about your life that is very, very intrusive. And the real question here, is what do they do with this information that they collect – that does not have anything to do with al-Qaeda? And we’re gonna trust the president and the vice president that they’re doing the right thing? Don’t count me in on that.”
    Joe Biden, 2006

Way to go Henery you look so handsome with your ribbon.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast