Just Labradors banner

Stupid neighbors vent

561 views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  kaytris 
#1 ·
Two doors down from us lives a lab/labmix not sure which. Sweet dog, not aggressive, your typical lab personality. The people put a igloo house out for it when it's outside, and chain it to the fence with about 16' chain. Ok, not what I would do for a dog, any dog for that matter but the dog was inside more than it was out. Lately here it has been pretty hot and the dog wasn't out much. Today, my hubby comes in and asked me if I called animal control on them. When I asked him why I would do that, he said they were out in front of their house with the dog. About 1 minute later the guy comes out of the house with a big bag of dog food (Petigree I believe) and gave it and the dog to the officer. Talk about pi$$ing me off. This dog looked well cared for, not too fat, not too thin, kept inside most of the time so they had to care about it. SO WHAT CHANGED? And why call AC??? They'll put that dog down if it isn't adopted in a few days. WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY THINKING? I am going to call AC on Monday and get the scoop. My hubby & I might try to pull him and foster him until a home can be found. I'll tell you what, I have been crying ever since that happened. That poor thing has no idea why he was taken away. Grrrr. I was thinking of going down to the neighbors and asking them if there was a problem with him/her not sure what sex, I never really paid attention to that. Do you think that would be too forward of me? I have never met them. ??? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

#2 ·
NO, I don't think it would be too forward..... just tell them your hubby saw them giving the dog up to AC.... and you wondered why ? I hope he will find a home.......

Melissa
;)

#5 ·
I'd let curiosity get the best of me in that situation and I'd definitely ask them what happened.

#7 ·
Oh yes, I would definitely have to ask around about this. Is it too forward? Maybe. I wouldn't care.

The way to play it is "concerned neighbor." Ahem...

"I was outside the other day and couldn't help but notice that AC was at your house and they took your dog. Is everything OK?"

Then just listen.

#8 ·
Other than simple curiosity, why do you want to know? Are you friends with these folks? Personally, I would not initiate conversation with them about this - for all we know, they may be heart broken at having to give up their dog. Or they don't care. Does it really matter?

Sure, call AC and spring the dog if you can - but me, I wouldn't ask the neighbours anything (unless they're close friends)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.