Vet Visit - NLR

Thread: Vet Visit - NLR

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

DefaultVet Visit - NLR

I took Midnight to the vet for her annual checkup and boosters. I had an additional reason since I just moved to a new town and wanted to check out this vet who had been highly recommended to me by several people I know.

The Dr said she is a healthy 10 lbs, her coat is still really nice (actually said several time she is a really pretty cat). Dr. also agreed with our vet back in Memphis that Midnight is probably about 9 years old. I was looking at the aging chart and according to it she is close to 60 years old! WOW. She doesn't act like it.

The vet also said that is about the age some start to develop thyroid problems and told me what to look out for. Plus dramatic changes in eating habits, potty habits and such. So far so good. I sure hope she is healthy and active for lots more years!

She is such a sweet natured soul I still cannot believe someone just abandoned Midnight. Well, their loss was my gain. And I couldn't ask for two pets who get along as well as she and Tal (my 11 m/o Labrador).

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

4yelloweyedogs is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Vet Visit - NLR

... glad the visit went well..,.... !

How did you like the new vet ?

Melissa
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

http://theyelloweyedog.weebly.com/

lablimo is offline Senior Member

Glad to hear Midnight had a clean bill of health. You know, 9 yrs. old is not really that old for a cat. Two of mine lived to be 18 years old and I had some friends whose cats lived to be 22 yrs. plus. Also, if they are indoor cats, it will add to their lives. As with dogs, you will see her start to slow down a bit in her later years and not be as limber.

Black cats usually have wonderful personalities -- very affectionate and easy going. Where did you find Midnight, or did she find you? That is so nice of you to have taken her in.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Midnight was actually hanging around the place where I lived before moving here. When I first moved in there 6 years ago she was just hanging around. I noticed that she was thin, and no one to play with.
    So I started feeding her and caring for her. I only recently transitioned her to an indoor cat but she's settled into that really well too! So I'm not sure who found who but I have a real soft spot for humans and animals who no one seems to want.

I really like the new vet. Seh seemed very thorough and best of all was willing to answer all of my questions for Tal and Midnight. She and one other vet are in practice together and one or the other is on call 24/7. So I liked that alot.

She did blood work too and everything is fine. They now have both Tal's and Midnight's health records so we're good I think. I am blessed to have, so far, both my furkids healthy. I hope and pray it stays that way for years to come.

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

I'm glad the health check up went well. I'm also glad the new vet is great, it's so important you feel confident with the vet, isn't it?!

Midnight is such a beautiful cat. You are both lucky to have found eachother.
    ~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/

mollyrock is offline Senior Member

Midnight is a beautiful cat. I am glad you found each other.

When I was a kid growing up, that is how we acquired all of our cats. They would just claim us.
    Show up, hang around, charm us, and then they would become part of the family.