An Old Lady and Her Dog

Thread: An Old Lady and Her Dog

patm is offline Senior Member

DefaultAn Old Lady and Her Dog

Emilu and I had just finished a little nappie this afternoon , and I was comtemplating starting to clean the house. Decided to have a little fun with my doggie first. Emilu and I are always "doing something" important like training for obedience or Rally, so she gets lots of attention, but suddenly I decided to have some good ole fashion "wrassling" fun! Emilu LOVES to lay on her back and get a good scratching and it escalated into an good old fun time of tummy rubs, grabbing feet, legs, paw - grins and giggles, yelps and yips of fun (from the human) silent doggy laughs , little toothy nips (more squeals from the human) and a general brawling good time. An old lady and her 80 pound "mutt" rolling and tussling on the floor. God Bless American! ;D

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: An Old Lady and Her Dog

Pat, isn't it fun just to play with them once in a while! ;D Sometimes it's easy to forget, with all the training. I have made a vow that this summer I will reconnect with both boys, and incorporate more play into our days. I think this will do nothing but good, even on the training front.

I can just picture you two wrasslin' around!

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

Good old fashioned loves.

Seamus and Flynn

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

There's nothing like playtime...no training, retrieving, or toys...just you and your dog!

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

Well, Old men like to do that too. I have with every dog since I was 5, and that was 60 years ago. I make it a point for some time on every day that I don't go into the office. With this 6 month old lab, it gets pretty animated, she loves to box, and vocal on noth parts. My old lady, some of yo call them SOs, or DW, or partner, doesn't matter, thinks I am nuts. Talking to dogs, wrestling with dogs, barking with dogs. She has never understood, keep reading. From the day we met, she woud get upset when I would talk to a stray I didn't know on the sreet, explaining that they didn't understand and I looked stupid. Here comes the good part. When the kids were teenagers, they would come running to me wherever I was and ask if something was wrong with Mom. I would ask why, and they would say, 'I think I causht her talking to Whiskey!' Hmmmm! I wonder if she looked stupid!!!
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Even us not-quite-so-old folks like to just play with them! I make it a point to play with Tal every day. And fetch is play to him so that's pretty easy! I love it when he play growls at me 'cuz I know he's having lots of fun!

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

Yep playtime with the pups. Don't get any better than that. They act so silly, I act silly and who cares? I love it.