Wanted to update ya'll on Molly and the door.

Thread: Wanted to update ya'll on Molly and the door.

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

DefaultWanted to update ya'll on Molly and the door.

We've been working (mostly me, but I'm trying to get everyone to participate) Molly on staying when our door is open down here at the beach. Every time we go out, come in or somebody knocks on the door we work on this. Yesterday she did not make one attempt to break her sit/stay or her down/stay to merely sniff the outside air when we opened the door. I don't fully trust her yet and we're still using the leash during practice, but I think after the head stuck in the door incident she realized that it was a good idea to wait for somebody to tell her it's ok to go out the door.

As an aside, she really is turning into a wonderful dog. As a puppy she had me pulling my hair out with her chewing up toy baskets, and not wanting to tell us when she wanted to go outside. She still makes me pull out my hair sometimes, but I love her. Never have I met a dog who talks back when you correct her (which we turn our backs to and ignore) and never have I met a dog who walks like a dream one day and the next wants to yank your arm out of socket. She keeps me on my toes that is most definitely for sure.
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Wanted to update ya'll on Molly and the door.

We all remember the puppy/teens days, weeks, months :P

Clancey still - even at 10, will make me want to pull my hair out.

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

I am so glad you are getting through to Molly, sometimes those thick heads of theirs are hard to get through to. With her and Boo being only days apart in age, I can relate!! Rush is my good girl. She listens so well (most of the time, she is a lab tho lol) but Boo has been the one to push the envelope. She is also my chewer and she will do something, look at you to see what kind of a response she'll get. She is a wonderful girl and with her personality being so different from Rush, we realize how easy we had it with Rush. ;D But given a choice, there isn't a single thing I would change about Boo, she is so sweet and loving plus she makes us laugh. Even if she likes to sass. : ;D ;D

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Anne is offline Senior Member

Good girl, Molly! You are doing a great job with her.

Murphy, Riley, and Piper