Fireworks

Thread: Fireworks

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

DefaultFireworks

While ago Tal came up to me like he needed to potty. So I took him outside and a firework went off thet startled him. He didn't tuck his tail between his legs or anything but he just kept coming back to the door and did not want to stay outside. I guess he doesn't like fireworks...

I brought him back in after trying to get him to potty. I never acted like they were any big deal but he did not want to stay outside. I had him lay down by my chair here. He just dozed off...

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

BigYellowBoy Guest

DefaultRe: Fireworks

Yep, similar reactions here. Duke is not to thrilled to be outside (it's not even dark yet) this year. Last year seems like he was much better. This year he's a little more nervous. So inside is safe, less stress.

TangerineFizz is offline Senior Member

I have one like that too, Guy. Yeller will go out, do her business, but she's right back inside if those things are going off. Abby couldn't care less about them though.
    Me, Abzilla and the Helomonster.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

That was the first time he had ever been exposed to that much popping...he'd heard fireworks and all before but not like that. It only happens once or twice a year so from now on when there's lots of fireworks we'll just hang out inside!

Maggie didn't mind them at all. We played ball like nothing was going on. We live in the country so it wasn't like they were all over the place. (no neighbors close by) Cat's were scared so we kept them in, but other than that, no problemo!

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

I was pretty proud of mine. We live in an area now that is very fireworks-friendly, so almost ALL the neighbors were setting off things...big things, not just sparklers. I sat outside with the 3 dogs watching the display, and they were just kicking back, not even caring. I love my dogs!

Labs4life is offline Senior Member

My girls love fireworks. Now I need to teach them to ooooh and aaaah like the spectators do.
    The Constitution is suppose to guarantee everyone the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, but the Constitution does not guarantee everyone equal outcomes.
    Some people are more talented, educated, thieving and dishonest than others.