How did all the new pups do with the fireworks?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How did all the new pups do with the fireworks?

Skubaa Guest

DefaultHow did all the new pups do with the fireworks?

Just curious to see if any new doggies did well with the fireworks. Phoebe did pretty well. She noticed the first few, I was working on our training and I tried not to skip a beat. She startled, settled down and then it didn't phase her.

Hope everyone else's fireworks were a source of fun.

DG

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

amazongold is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: How did all the new pups do with the fireworks?

Some idiot nearby shot off a bunch of fireworks from 1:00 am until almost 2:00 am. > Woke me out of a sound sleep and kept me awake nearly an hour, but Buddy was in his crate and didn't stir. We're way out in the country and normally don't hear much.
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

I was just out on our deck with Dakota, grilling two hamburgers for our dinner..and the idiot down a few houses from me...set off those really loud ones..Dakota didn't blink an eye, so far so good..we'll see tonight..when more neighbors start setting them off. Kelly on the other hand hates loud noises like that.
    Jackie

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Kathy5475 is offline Senior Member

Fireworks are just getting started on east coast......time will tell, but doesn't look great at the moment

Havent had too many yet here. But a little earlier, we were outside and dh was in his car on his phone. A big boomer went off and Dakota ended up in the car on dh's lap. We will be keeping him in for the rest of the night unless he needs to go out. Willow didnt bat an eye.

Skubaa Guest

We are east coast here too--northeast. We got to see some of them that neighbors were shooting off. Everything else got rained out. So, it is good that she is getting slowly exposed to them. A few days ago, our neighbor shot off one of those M-80's or whatever that sounds like a rifle. Phoebe flew half the yard before she ducked and turned. I had to laugh since labs are suppose to be hunting dogs--although she is show lab. Now, she is doing well. I think the training and treats while they were going off helped.

It gives me hope that there are a lot of dogs that just don't get phased by fireworks.

DG

In AZ they are illegal so we don't get many in the neighborhood unless they are smuggled in from Mexico or brought in from Nevada or NM. We are heading out in 1 1/2 hours to go watch a big show from the roof of the hospital's parking garage. But Cinnamon loves them so it won't be a problem.

labbie2 is offline Senior Member

No problem for Lily and Legend in Mt. Pleasant, SC. They were too busy sniffing our grills, paying no attention what so ever to the loud booms going off next door and across the marsh.

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Before tonight I didn't think Tal minded them. But when he needed to go out a bit ago he just wanted to come back inside..**sigh**

Tucker just laid there and watched 'em. I commented to hub...he did fine with the fireworks. Hub said, he's a gundog, that doesn't bother him; besides, he's heard guns and fireworks before.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast