Another sad story
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another sad story

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultAnother sad story

Not another story of a dog who was dumped, but one who was abandoned in a way that was just as cruel. Just came back from a picnic where a lady showed her beautiful gardens, complete with decks, pool, gazebo - it could have been in Better Homes and Gardens. In the far corner of the huge yard was a small pen with an old dog house in it and the most beautiful 12 YO yellow lab. He was kept there all the time since puppyhood, ignored. I walked over to pet him and he smelled like feces. His eyes looked so sad. As she showed us through her beautiful gardens, I couldn't get the old boy out of my mind. What I wouldn't give to take him home and give him a bath and love him.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Another sad story

:'( That story just broke my heart. And it must have been even more heartbreaking for you who saw it with your own eyes.

Some people shouldn't have dogs. Why does people get a dog, if they aren't interested? It's beyond me. The dogs have not chosen to come to us, we brought them into our lives.

~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/

Kathy5475 is offline Senior Member

I just want to punch these people. I am feeling kind of in the dumps right now, on this 4th of July, my husband is off to Iraq, and these stories are just hitting me hard right now. There's really no connection between the two, but for some reason, it's hitting me harder than normal. God bless the USA and prayers for our troops and prayers for all of these poor pups with knuckleheads for humans. My gardens look like poo, but who cares, my Riley and Simba get kisses everyday and are my saving grace through all of this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Paula is offline Senior Member

:'( Poor old lab.

Poor thing. >

Linda1 is offline Senior Member

Barbra, I wonder if you asked if the lady would give the dog up? Sounds like he is nothing more than a burden to her. She probably doesn't want him in the flowers.

Brookville, Pa.

TangerineFizz is offline Senior Member

Awww jesus, why do people do this stuff? Poor,poor old guy. I hope you can find a way to get him out of there.
    Me, Abzilla and the Helomonster.

Very sad

It reminded me of 2 years ago....went to a woman's house who was making a wedding cake for daughter's wedding. In the backyard was a lovely lab, not very old, tied to a dog house. The family had 3 young daughters, and since the kids started coming along, the dog went from inside to outside, tied now.

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

Wow some people are just evil! I might of nonchalantly opened the kennel and aimed the pup to my vehicle. I'm almost certain she would not noticed or cared !

Poor old man! I had to give Nick & Nora a quick scratch/treat after reading that.

How can people be so blind and thoughtless? My yard and house will never garner awards or praise, but Nick & Nora know they are family. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast