and now I am back to two (introducing my foster boys)

Thread: and now I am back to two (introducing my foster boys)

Defaultand now I am back to two (introducing my foster boys)

So I posted on Friday about being approached to take another foster. Story behind him was he was in the pound for three weeks (7 hour drive away)...they said that he was stressed and wasting away there so they contacted the SPCA in Clarenville (about 2 hours away) to take him. The SPCA agreed but after having him for a couple of days, they found out he was an escape artist (he would climb the chain link and hop into the other kennels), that he was a little aggressive a diffecult to handle). So the SPCA called Heavenly Creatures and said if they could not take him on that he was going to be put down the next day. Heavenly Creatures contacted me and I agreed to take him on on an emergency basis. So, I had Morgan (my own dog), Chopper (my first and current foster) and now Tanner (which nobody knew anything about other then he is about 2 years old, was a beautiful "lab"..more on that later) and that he was not neutered, agressive and an escape artist.

So here are the thee boys:

Tanner and Morgan did not much like eachother and first and there were a couple of minor scuffles. They have however seemed to have worked out their differences. Tanner was a little standoffish at first but after a walk and some good food, he attached himself like velcro to me. Chopper did not mind him first nor last.

Tanner looks labie for sure and there is some lab in him but to tell the truth, the more I deal with him and look at him, he reminds me more of a small Great Pyrenees. He has that same kind of coat and tail. And boy can this boy JUMP. He has a six foot vertical easily. He came to me with nails about an inch too long (no exageration), his coat was horrible. I've got him on good food, gave him a brush and a trim and he is starting to look like he can...gorgous.

Here he is:

Oh, he is a dream to walk...no pulling and completely focused. My buddy and tennant have fallen in love with him so I am kind of hoping that he is going to want to take Tanner on. Tanner is a dog that is going to be dangerous for me. He has a personality I think that if he is around for too long, he is going to win my heart and may just find his permanent home with me.

Anyway, three dogs like that is a lot to handle. Sunday I got some good news though and was told there was a young couple interested in Chopper.

Here is Chopper:

They came to see him on Sunday. I spent about and hour with them askign questions and watching them interact with Chopper. He stole their hearts so they contacted Heavenly Creatures yesterday and picked him up last night for their trial period. I hope all goes well for the big goof and that this will be his last home.

So I am back to two and realise that soon I should be back to just myself and Morgan.

Thanks for listening

Ken

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: and now I am back to two (introducing my foster boys)

Oh what a nice ending for Chopper I hope he has found his permanent home.

Would Tanner mind coming and teaching Cinnamon about walking nicely hope he has found his forever home also.

They are both nice looking dogs.

georgie is offline Senior Member

Beautiful dogs. I hope Chopper has found his forever home. He is a cutie.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

Gorgeous boys!!! I'm glad Chopper has found his forever home. I hope Tanner finds his forever home soon too!
    ~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

What a generous heart you have. Hopefully Chopper has his perfect fit in a forever home. Tanner is beautiful, and that face! Morgan is a beauty too!!! Beautiful blondes

4yelloweyedogs is offline Senior Member

Yeah, like she said, "beautiful blondes" ! Glad you came along for Tanner...... and hoping Chopper is in his forever home too !!

Melissa
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

http://theyelloweyedog.weebly.com/