Food making Puebla sick. Please advise!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Food making Puebla sick. Please advise!!!

Puebla is offline Senior Member

DefaultFood making Puebla sick. Please advise!!!

Several times in the last few days, Puebla has vomited her food up (still chunky like the food, not wet vomit, but dry-ish consistency).

Puebla is on Eukanuba Response FP (fish/potato). What could the chances be of her developing an allergy to the food? Could it just be too rich for her? It is my understanding that stomach issues from food are often from an allergy to it, right? She always acts just fine once she's gotten it out of her system.

UGH!!! My poor dog and her allergies.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

hark67 is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Food making Puebla sick. Please advise!!!

Poor Puebla! I hope her tummy feels better soon. Has she had intolerances to other dogs foods in the past? How long has she been on the Eukanuba? Is she pooping OK?

If she has been on this food for a while has been doing well on it I think I would be inclined to rest her stomach a bit....rice and boiled hamburger for a couple days until the vomiting has passed..... then retrial.

Thanks

I tried that the past two days that she has done this, but it still continues. She has been on this food for a year maybe. Prior to that, she was on prescription diet z/d.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Is this a new bag of food? Or are you towards the end of one? Sometimes kibble can go "off" if you're towards the end of a large bag.

If it's a new bag, I'd check with the company and see if their formula has changed... that happened to us and Wellness... Henry had been eating it with no problem, then they changed the formula and he had a terrible time with it.

It may be completely kibble-unrelated though... don't food allergies usually present as itchiness/scratching/licking?

I agree with Megan, rest her tummy for 24 hours, then small meals of rice and boiled hamburger/chicken.

Hope Puebla is feeling better soon!!

amazongold is offline Senior Member

Poor Puebs! I don't have any more ideas to offer, just good thoughts that she is feeling better soon.
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

Skubaa Guest

You said several times---has she held done any?

Maybe a vet visit is in order. There was a virus going around my parents' place in Florida that was vomitting, but I don't think it lasted that long. I would just be getting concerned about dehydration. Get a little fluids in her and she may perk back up.

Good Luck

DG

patm is offline Senior Member

Other people have made good suggestions - it doesn't seem like she would suddenly start vomiting from and allergy to her food, but if it was old, or a new bag with a different formula - maybe. She could just have something else - if it keeps up definitely take her to the vet. ((((((hugs to Puebla and you too)))))))

Cinnamon was really sick about a month ago with a tummy bug the vet said it was going around. She didn't eat for about 4 days and except for the last day she didn't act sick. (She was drinking and would nibble a little).

Hope Puebla feels better soon.

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

I have tried a lot of different foods for Mitzi and a few, she vomited (Innova and a fish/potato come to mind). Once I changed her back to one she agrees with, she was fine. I always seem to come back to Diamond L&R.
    I hope Puebla gets better.

Thanks, everyone.

Her vomiting seems to be sporadic, and always occurs in the evening. She has done this several times in the past week, but it hasn't happened daily.

This is the weirdest thing. I though I had read that food allergies can cause tummy problems, but you make a good point; I am at the bottom of her food bag. BUT, her food is only a 15 lb bag and we go though it at a decent pace, IMO. Plus, I keep it in the kitchen in a sealed container, so at least it is in the cool air, too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast