An Update on how Dakota is doing *PICS*
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: An Update on how Dakota is doing *PICS*

DefaultAn Update on how Dakota is doing *PICS*

I still cant believe he is here. Dh came home from work last night and you could see when he looked him, that a lump formed in his throat. Timber was his baby, and he absolutely loved her. I think it was a mix of emotions when he saw Dakota, and thankfully Dakota walked right over with a wagging tail.

He is doing pretty good so far. He is very clingy right now, especially with me or dh. If one of us gets up, he's right there by us. Poor guy, when you take him out and he gets near the car, he thinks he needs to get into it. We finally got him to eat a decent meal this evening--he wouldnt eat much yesterday. He and Willow are getting along fine, but Willow did annoy him a bit with her welcome yesterday, lol. He let her know it, then promptly laid under my computer chair and snoozed for about four hours. There was no problem what so ever with the cats--I was a bit worried he might think they were toys, lol. I think the fact that they were used to dogs helped. Curious, who was Timber's buddy, to no surprise has taken a liking to Dakota and will lay near him when he is in the room.

As all the drivers found out, he is a complete lover. He loves to cuddle and be as near people as possible. Last night, he took turns laying on my feet, then dh's, then crawling between us to get nose to nose. Unfortunely I didnt get a lot of pics before my battery died. I did get some rechargables, so if it isnt raining out tomorrow, I will try to get some better pics. Here are a few for now, and there are more from a few of us here.

Going over the Sunshine Skyway Bridge over Tampa Bay into St Pete. One of my favorite bridges once I got used to it......

Going over the Howard Franklin over Tampa Bay to Tampa. This bridge is 7 miles long.....

Julie walking him towards us....

One last pic with Julie before we got in the car.....

The way he rode 98% of the drive home......

Trying to sneak, paw by paw into the front seat........

Saying Hello to Willow, lol........

A quick pic with my new Dad before the camera battery died......

I cant express enough how thankful I am to each and everyone one of you who helped out...whether it be with money, driving, prayers, or sitting here with me and chatting on Yahoo, waiting for the next update. I am still completely overwhelmed by the fact that you all got him here to me. Claire--I cant thank you enough for putting this together. I am sure seeing him happy with his new owners makes it all worth it.

Drivers...I am so grateful to all of you. You all were so great to talk to...I feel like I made a bunch of new friends!! I wish I could give you all a huge hug for helping to get Dakota here. Thank you my friends.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lablover is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: An Update on how Dakota is doing *PICS*

Tears of joy for all of you!! I am so happy for him and you. The picture of him with his head on your shoulder saids it all.

RangerMom is offline Senior Member

Thanks for posting an update. I was wondering about Dakota and glad to hear he is settling in. He really does look like a cuddler. ;D

Blackie and Ranger ...............................Reggie: 1996-2010 "Fly Reggie Fly"

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

This is such a wonderful success story I have enjoyed reading every update Great job everyone this is truly remarkable!!! You should all be very proud.

Liz Halle and Maverick

zoesmom is offline Senior Member

Thanks for the update.
    Sure seems like he's settling in fine. After all that travelling, being passed to the next driver, I can imagine he was a bit confused.

What a cuddle bug. Love the head on your shoulder pic.
    Linda and Zoë, the Umlaut
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[

pj

awww, so glad to hear dakota's settling in. thanks so much for the update!

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

It's so nice to see Dakota with his forever family! He looks like a big sweetheart.

lablimo is offline Senior Member

Oh, tears here for all of you -- I'm so glad he seems to be adjusting well -- even with the cats! This story is so heartwarming -- Haylee sends chocolate kisses to Dakota!

Dakota was such a good boy I didn't think he would have any trouble fitting right in. I can only imagine DH is feeling overwhelmed right now.......

The picture of him, DD and Dakota is priceless !!!

Welcome home sweet boy, Welcome home !!

TangerineFizz is offline Senior Member

This is just so freakin' awesome. I'm really happy that people got together to make this happen for you and Dakota.
    Me, Abzilla and the Helomonster.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast