Any name suggestions?

Thread: Any name suggestions?

DefaultAny name suggestions?

Hi everybody. I have seen a few posts a while back where a few people asked for help with naming their Lab. I was wanting to know if anybody had any suggestions for me. I want to get Ranger registered through the AKC and can't come up with a complete name for him. He is 7 months old and 63.2 pounds He was just neutered (2 weeks ago) and does not have to have any kennel or breeder name in his name. I want Ranger in his name somewhere. Any ideas? I will try and get an updated photo in photo bucket to post later. (I have tons of photos on my digital camera, just haven't loaded them to be able to post them) He is in my signature and my avatar.

Thanks in advance! Tina

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Chester B. Dickens is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Any name suggestions?

Playing with the Ranger theme:

"Singularly Clayton Moore's the Merrier"

Singularly = Lone
    Clayton Moore = Lone Ranger

Or

"Smilin' Tonto's Kemosabe"

"madra maor" Thats Irish for "Ranger Dog" ;D But Im partial because My husband is a leprechaun Our dog "Breed" is an Irish word meaning "strength" ....

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

You could use any number of "ranger" themes...
    Power Ranger
    Home on the Range
    On the Firing Range
    Ranger Rick
    Long-Range
    Army Ranger
    Ridin' the Range

I would personally probably still put a kennel name or your last name first so that you have some sort of "background" linked to the name...do you plan on entering him in any obedience/rally/agility trials, etc?

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

Thanks for all your suggestions everybody. I think Kemosabe is my favorite so far. Please keep them coming.

CaliforniaLabLover, I do not plan on entering him in anything at the moment. But, that could always change in the future. Thanks for your suggestion. I will definitely think a lot about what to include in his name. Is it better to have a last name or kennel name in there then for obedience, agility and such? And why since he is neutered? I'm just curious Thanks! Tina

RangerMom is offline Senior Member

How about Yogi's Mister Ranger? If I registered my Ranger, that's what I would use.

Blackie and Ranger ...............................Reggie: 1996-2010 "Fly Reggie Fly"

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

What about using your last name( like in our case it would be Walters) then Park Ranger
    Your yard is his park and he is the Ranger.

Why Yogi Rangermom? It's cute. But, if I take it then you couldn't use it if you decide to register your Ranger

Very cute idea rushpuppy! I'll have to think about that one too!

I had a much easier time naming my girls

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by TinasZoo
    Is it better to have a last name or kennel name in there then for obedience, agility and such? And why since he is neutered?
    I agree- it is so much fun to get involved in all of those performance events, and a great way to really bond with them through training and practice, as well as competition and earning titles, regardless of whether or not they are spayed/neutered. I've heard from several people that, in competitions (agility/obedience/etc.), something other than just "Spot" or "Parking Spot" (just examples) looks a bit more professional to those who may be watching and reading the competition catalog. Plus, it is kindof fun to be able to register them with a kindof "fancy" name. A kennel name basically shows respect for the people who bred him or tells people who bred them...it doesn't matter if they are neutered or not (the majority of puppies out there will eventually be spayed/neutered unless specifically sold as "show dogs").

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon