Sky got something in her face very early this morning & it stinks!

Thread: Sky got something in her face very early this morning & it stinks!

Dakkerdog is offline Senior Member

DefaultSky got something in her face very early this morning & it stinks!

I have no idea what they found in the yard. Moose had to go out about 3:30 this morning (too many plums). I heard some growling and then both dogs came in. Sky immediately started rubbing her face on the carpet. There was a really terrible like musty smell. It wasn't a skunk smell but I can still smell it this morning. Since it appears to only have gotten her in the face I really didn't know what to do so I just took a rag and soap and water and did the best I could with cleaning up her face. It must have scared Moose as well because he tried to curl up right next to me (he never does this) in bed.

The smell seems to be gone from Sky this morning, but I can still smell it in the den - now that it is rubbed all over my carpet >

Do you think a possum would do that? The only thing we get here are possums, skunks, squirrels and an occasional raccoon.
    Sharon, loved by Moose & Sky

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Sky got something in her face very early this morning & it stinks!

Gross! Id be annoyed with a stink in my carpet too! Ive never heard of a oppossum spraying, but maybe! Sorry wish I knew ???

MumtoEllie is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Sky got something in her face very early this morning & it stinks!

Ellie catches possums in our backyard quite frequently. Most of the time, they play dead. One time, the possum sh*t everywhere. Let me tell you, that is some nasty, STINKY stuff. I guess if it was possum poo you would know it though.