Run Rocket RUN!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Run Rocket RUN!

Joe Maringo is offline Senior Member

DefaultRun Rocket RUN!

Today was Rockets first day to be able to run and play in the yard. We have almost 2 acres fenced in and he had a ball! He has been in boarding at Kim's vet office since she pulled him from the pound 3 or 4 weeks ago.

C'meer Rocket, I got something for ya!

Ain't I just too cute? Now, what am I supposed to do with this thing?

Anything you want to do with it bud, it is your toy for the day.

K! Think I'll take it over here.

Then maybe back over the other way.

THIS IS FUN! I didn't even know I knew how to butt tuck!

WATCH OUT! I'm a commin through! ZOOM ZOOM!

Rocket (and I ) had such a good time today. He ran around and played for hours, and I watched him with a big smile on my face. At 11 this morning the family came to visit him. They fell in love, but wanted to go home and talk about it. 2 hours later they called and said they would be here in the morning to pick him up Their only concern is that the 12 year old terrier at home likes him. They said he can be "difficult" some times.

So there you have it, only 48 hours and the Rocket Man has stollen a few more hearts. He really is just as nice as Kim said he was!

Thanks for saving my life momma Kim, I love you!
    Southwest Pennsylvania Retriever Rescue Organization or S.P.A.R.R.O. and Shades Of Grey Senior Sanctuary
    A 501c3 Non Profit Organization.
    Plum, Pa.
    412-795-0163
    website www.sparro.org/

Saving one dog will not change the world But, surely, for that one dog the world will change forever!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Run Rocket RUN!

Joe did you ever consider keeping him..did the thought cross your mind? Just curious..he is gorgeous. Love the pictures!!! Jackie

4yelloweyedogs is offline Senior Member

Yes he's gorgeous !!!! I'm so glad he has a second chance at at a good life !!

Melissa
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

http://theyelloweyedog.weebly.com/

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

What a handsome boy he is!!! Another Joe success story.

Joe Maringo is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by JackieN
    Joe did you ever consider keeping him..did the thought cross your mind? Just curious..he is gorgeous. Love the pictures!!! Jackie
    ;D I consider keeping every one of them. Sometimes I consider it for several weeks until they get adopted, other times I consider it for several minutes until they show the true maniacs they are In the long run though, I know they will all do better in a home where they can get the maximum of attention, so they get adopted out.
    Southwest Pennsylvania Retriever Rescue Organization or S.P.A.R.R.O. and Shades Of Grey Senior Sanctuary
    A 501c3 Non Profit Organization.
    Plum, Pa.
    412-795-0163
    website www.sparro.org/

Saving one dog will not change the world But, surely, for that one dog the world will change forever!

Linda1 is offline Senior Member

Rocket is a handsome guy! Glad things have worked out for him.

Brookville, Pa.

Joe,

Now that's a very handsome and HAPPY dog! Tanks for saving anothet one!

Terry

This is one reason I couldn't do foster even if I had the room..it would break my heart to have them leave me. I understand completely Joe..I was just curious!
    Jackie

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Maringo
    ;D I consider keeping every one of them. Sometimes I consider it for several weeks until they get adopted, other times I consider it for several minutes until they show the true maniacs they are In the long run though, I know they will all do better in a home where they can get the maximum of attention, so they get adopted out.

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

How wonderful to watch him run! He's a gorgeous boy.
    ~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/

This is one reason I couldn't do foster even if I had the room..it would break my heart to have them leave me. I understand completely Joe..I was just curious!
    Jackie

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Maringo
    The first one is the hardest.. but just knowing that if you keep them you wouldnt have room to foster anymore and thats one less dog you could have saved makes all the difference.. and the plus side is that in most cases you can keep in contact with the adoptive family and get updates and pictures... and we get to do most of our own home visits so we can see they are going to a great family... makes you feel good to know they are in a great new home and being taken care of... Although i did give in adopt my 8th foster this past year...lol.. but still foster.. that was the deal with our rescue.. i could adopt him if i still foster.. so some days its like a zoo at my house with up to 2 fosters and 3 of my own dogs and 2 cats... but its fun.. lol ;D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast