What the heck is this thing on her foot?

Thread: What the heck is this thing on her foot?

DefaultWhat the heck is this thing on her foot?

So I noticed this 'thing' on Violet's back foot this AM next to her claw. Doesn't seem to bother her and I don't think it's been there too awfully long (I trim her nails every couple of weeks, and i may have missed it once, but i can't imagine that I've overlooked it completely...) I'm mildly freaked cuz it looks gross (and I am somewhat vain about wanting my girl to be 'pretty'), but it doesn't seem to bother her (other than my making her lay still for a photo)
    Any ideas? ??? ??? ???

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: What the heck is this thing on her foot?

Could it just be a really bad callus? I can't quite make out if it's ON the pad..or not. It looks..warty kind of.
    Jackie

I really don't think it's a callous. As best I can tell it's more from the nail bed than pad, although she doesn't want to let me have a real close look (I'll have to catch her sleeping tonite...) - do dogs get plantar warts??

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Is it affecting her walking? If no one else has any ideas, I'd call the vet..I'm stumped!
    Good luck..Jackie

Quote Originally Posted by VioletsFolks
    I really don't think it's a callous. As best I can tell it's more from the nail bed than pad, although she doesn't want to let me have a real close look (I'll have to catch her sleeping tonite...) - do dogs get plantar warts??

zoesmom is offline Senior Member

That's odd looking. I would take her in to the vet.
    Linda and Zoë, the Umlaut
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[

She is totally fine. No limping, no chewing, not sore, nothing. Only somewhat annoyed that I keep looking at it, because she prefers no one mess with any of her feet. I guess I was hoping for some ideas on what it might be so I can decide if she even needs to see a vet or if there would even be anything they could do about it, anyway.