Missing teeth!

Thread: Missing teeth!

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

DefaultMissing teeth!

Has anyone had any experience with Labs missing front upper incisors at 6 months. Hershey has the center upper left, at what appears to be a bad upper right center. Not sure if that one is a baby tooth or permanent, it is 'broken'. But the other tow on each side appear to be missing. The vet suggested taking her to a veterinary dental clinic. I will probably do that for the one bad looking tooth at minimum, but was wondering if the other four incisors chould be through already at 6 months, or if there is still time for them to show up.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Sams Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Missing teeth!

I'm not 100% sure about your problem. Maybe labby will know for sure.

I managed to pull (not intentionally) a couple of my dog's (Skippi not Sam's) baby teeth out playing tug of war. It scared the crap out of me at the time. We were using old soccer socks. We got her at about 6 months of age.

DefaultRe: Missing teeth!

They will loose all their baby teeth between 4-6 months. Normally I think you can start to see the new one come in within a few days though. If the new one isn't coming in I would probably have the vet take a look.