VERY proud of Apollo....
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: VERY proud of Apollo....

Apollopuppy is offline Senior Member

DefaultVERY proud of Apollo....

Sam and I took Apollo to the vet today to get his nails cut. While we were waiting in the waiting room two labs (one yellow and one chocolate) came into the office. They were barking, going crazy, lunging at other dogs, just being out of control. The owners would tell these dogs to sit and they wouldnt listen. These dogs would lunge at other dogs coming into the office.

Apollo was a being a good boy sitting on the other side of the waiting room, nice and quiet and polite. As the the owners of the unruley labs left the wife looked at the husband and said "why cant our dogs be like that (looking at apollo) dog?". I couldnt help but feel a twing of pride about our polite little black labby. Even the receptionist and vet tech mentioned how calm, well mannered, and polite apollo was.

Good boy Apollo! ;D
    Love,<br />Giuli<br /><br />

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: VERY proud of Apollo....

Atta boy Apollo! I can't help but wonder how much training time they put in with their dogs...

Quote Originally Posted by myfavoritedog
    I can't help but wonder how much training time they put in with their dogs...
    I dunno, but it didnt seem like much. :-\

One of the dogs (the yellow lab) even lunged at apollo and tried to attack him! But apollo didnt even attack back. He just backed up a few steps and sat down, then he looked at the yellow lab like "dude, that was SO immature. : "

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

RangerMom is offline Senior Member

Way to go Apollo. I think someone deserves a treat.

Blackie and Ranger ...............................Reggie: 1996-2010 "Fly Reggie Fly"

Aw man, i felt really bad though. The vet tech brought Apollo out after cutting his nails and said "he was a very good boy, but he got kinda scared and he wet himself. We tried to clean him up as best we could, but he kept getting scared and urinating. :-\ "

I told Apollo that it was okay and that it was nothing to be embarresed about, but I could still tell from looking at him that he was kinda embarresed. Poor baby. :-\

Quote Originally Posted by Rangermom
    I think someone deserves a treat.
    We took him to the local park and we chased down canadian geese with him. He LOVES to chase the geese (lol so do I :P) but we always keep him on leash when we chase the geese, just in case. We dont want him to actually CATCH the goose lol, just chase em.

RangerMom is offline Senior Member

That sounds like a good treat (well to Apollo, not me). ;D

Blackie and Ranger ...............................Reggie: 1996-2010 "Fly Reggie Fly"

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Apollopuppy
    Aw man, i felt really bad though. The vet tech brought Apollo out after cutting his nails and said "he was a very good boy, but he got kinda scared and he wet himself. We tried to clean him up as best we could, but he kept getting scared and urinating. :-\ "

I told Apollo that it was okay and that it was nothing to be embarresed about, but I could still tell from looking at him that he was kinda embarresed. Poor baby. :-\
    Aww.... tell him all the cool kids wet their pants!!
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

lol! I should tell him that, Baloo! If I really wanted to go all out I should have said "its okay apollo, theres nothing wrong with wetting yourself." and then I should have peed my pants right there in the vet's office lol! omg Im totally kidding! ;D

I try not to feel sorry for Apollo, its not his fault that he gets scared and pees. He was previously abused and thats how he reacts when hes scared. hes come a long way though and Im VERY VERY proud of him. It still tugs at my heart though when Apollo wets himself. Suprisingly hes a very confident and 'proud' dog...to see the look of shame on his face after he wets himself really gets to me :'(

Trickster is offline Senior Member

Well done Apollo!

I hate hate HATE 'rude' dogs with utmost passion. Well, I don't hate the dogs, but I do hate the owners for doing nothing about it. I would be incredibly embarrassed if any of my dogs behaved in that way.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast