Need Opinions please
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Opinions please

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

DefaultNeed Opinions please

Since the move, I noticed Tal has been eating a little less. I used to feed him 3/4 cup (maybe 1 cup) 4x a day. Now, by his own choice, he eats about 2 cups total per day. About half in the AM and the half other late in the afternoon. Actually, now that I think about it he was starting to do this before the move. I will be switching him to adult food soon.

Also, he will go lay on my bed and look out the window when I watch TV or am on the computer. At the old place he would usually lay on the floor by my chair or the couch. Sometimes, when he was really hot he would lay on the linoleum floor. He is funny because when I go in the room and go to him he will thump that tail on the mattress.

I think he must have been really tired last night too because when I gave him his bully stick, he just carried it to the living room then went to his crate and went to sleep. He is all over it right now tho.

All in all he seems calmer and I guess that is because he is approaching 1 year of age. We went to the park this morning and just finished playing the the backyard for about 40 minutes. I think we both needed a day to stop and catch up!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

4yelloweyedogs is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Need Opinions please

It's probably all a delayed reaction... from all the stress and change he's had in the past several weeks. Things have change drastically for him ! And I'm sure he is just catching up on his sleep now. He's probably settling in a bit now, and feeling more comfortable.....

Melissa

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

http://theyelloweyedog.weebly.com/

Beachboys is offline Senior Member

Hopefully its just the stress of the move. Mambo only eats 2 cups of food a day. So I wouldn't worry to much.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Thanks...he shows no signs of anything wrong...still loves to play and greets me like no tomorrow when I come home. Poop normal and demeanor is the same. Plus with unpacking and all the activities that come with a move I am trying to keep as much of a routine as I can. He shows no signs of boredom or anything like that.

labbie2 is offline Senior Member

He's a year old and starting to calm down? Wow, my two "yahoos" (ages 2 1/2) are still full of P and V. I just finished chasing both of them to get my flip-flop back. As soon as I got close to one, she would hand off to the other and off he would go. I look forward to the calm days...

[attachment deleted by admin]

Jefferson'n'Ted is offline Senior Member

He may be ready to go to twice a day feedings. My two are both fed twice a day--1 1/2 cups each meal.
    “If I know every single phone call you’ve made, I’m able to determine every single person you’ve talked to; I can get a pattern about your life that is very, very intrusive. And the real question here, is what do they do with this information that they collect – that does not have anything to do with al-Qaeda? And we’re gonna trust the president and the vice president that they’re doing the right thing? Don’t count me in on that.”
    Joe Biden, 2006

lablimo is offline Senior Member

Sounds like Tal is adjusting really well. How is Midnight doing? Kitties usually have a tougher time with new locations.

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

Like Jeffersonsmom, I also feed Sammi 1 1/2 cups twice a day. I think I made the switch around 10 months or so. I also noticed Sammi settled way down around 1yr.! Also like others have said with the recent move and all, Tal is probably trying to catch up on his beauty sleep, as if he needed it he is such a cutie ;D

amazongold is offline Senior Member

Tal may just be adjusting to the move, the long trip, the new place, etc. Then again, you may be lucky and he really is settling down!
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

Well just remember calm is a relative term! lol. Believe me if he sees me with the chuckit and ball in hand I'd better be ready to go play. Still he is noticeably less hyper than he was two months ago.

And when I am off for long periods especially we stay pretty busy. Today has basically beed a relaxing restful day. I've been to church, and during the week I am at school a bit, run errands, that kind of thing. So he doesn't get upset anymore when I leave. The first day or two here he would bark a bit before I could get out the door, but since then he's been like he was in Memphis.

Quote Originally Posted by lablimo
    Sounds like Tal is adjusting really well. How is Midnight doing? Kitties usually have a tougher time with new locations.
    I think Midnight is doing ok. Although, she would rather eat Tal's dogfood than her own! Not sure what that is about. When I just make sure there is never any dogfood in Tal's bowl when she is around unless he is already eating! I know both of them are probably still adjusting a bit but they are doing much better than I thought they would. Especially Midnight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast