Gross
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gross

Beachboys is offline Senior Member

DefaultGross

Me and Mambo went to the dog beach today. He was being so good, until he took off running towards the grass. Than he starts rolling around in the grass. I went over and to my suprise he was rolling in a decaying bird. He went nuts. He thought it was the best thing ever. The smell was so bad I puked.

I got him away and I think the smell was so bad it was bothering him now. He than started rolling in the water. I read so many horror stories about labs and dead animals. But this was one thing I wish I hadn't been able to relate to.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Gross

Oh Mambo!
    I can't tell you how many times Prudence rolled in dead birds, crabs, fish, etc. when we lived at the beach. She loved it. I would get so mad!

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

4yelloweyedogs is offline Senior Member

I can relate too !!! Our cat will bring "things" home and leave them lay around and they start smelling really bad and one of the dogs will just roll and roll and roll in it !! Guess what....., then it's bath time !!

Melissa
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

http://theyelloweyedog.weebly.com/

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

I believe that there is nothing a dog likes better than rolling in the remains of a dead fish. I think they think the bext time is just before the carcass begins to dry out.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

It sounds like you don't often encounter that?

Puff and I walk for an hour every morning in a nature preserve with many trails among the attractions of which (to Puff) are opportunities to roll on occasional decaying frogs, etc., and poops from many different species from pips to peeps.

I'm so used to spot cleaning Puff before letting her back in the car that I keep sponges, dog shampoo, etc., in the trunk. Water fountains are close by where we park and so is a large boulder about as high as a picnic table which Puff jumps up on for her spot grooming. Shampoo, suds, rinse.

This morning she rolled in something stinky that not only marked her fur but was also soft enough to clog up the buckle, holes, etc., on her collar and I couldn't get it adequately clean with a sponge.

So when we got back home, I loaded up my Water-Pik oral irrigator which is like a power washer for one's mouth and used the stream from that to clean her collar -- it worked fine.
    Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

This is the first time he has wanted to roll in a dead animal. He has checked a few out but never wanted to take a roll in it.

Dawson Creek Girl is offline Senior Member

Oh MAMBO!!!!!

I feel for you Amanda.

Rowan hasn't done that to me YET! FINGERS crossed. :
    •*´¯`*•.¸¸.•Patti•*´¯`*•.¸¸.•

Yuck,lol. He is so cute that I think most will look past the smell,lol.

I do not think it's possible to get past the smell. It was horrible and he was as happy as can be until I pulled him off and yelled for him to rinse off. Which he actually did. Like I said earlier I think he even thought the smell was to bad.

Patti, Hope Rowan does not give you the pleasure. But since she is a lab I am sure it will happen.

Dawson Creek Girl is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo
    Patti, Hope Rowan does not give you the pleasure. But since she is a lab I am sure it will happen.
    Somehow, I think you are RIGHT! ;D
    •*´¯`*•.¸¸.•Patti•*´¯`*•.¸¸.•

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast