We did a Show n Go today!

Thread: We did a Show n Go today!

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

DefaultWe did a Show n Go today!

First one in a while. We are officially on "summer vacation" from classes, but Simon has a show coming up in July, and we wanted to take Angus too just to keep him sharp Or, as sharp as he gets :P This one was close, so we try not to miss those opportunities.

Both boys did wonderfully, but ESPECIALLY Simon. I was so, so proud of him. He even elicited a comment from the "judge"...She said, "That was *really* pretty." It was. ;D He has learned to wrap around those right and about turns beautifully. He was spot-on on the Figure Eight, rock solid on the Stand for Exam, and his recall was very sweet...he came at a very lively trot and sat very square, then did one of those really cute bouncy finishes of his. Just a doll!

Angus...well, Angus will be Angus. :P He "sort of" heeled, but was lagging ??? I think he was busy shopping for stray treats. Sigh. Then we got to the Recall, always his strong suit. I called him and he did his usual "out of a cannon" takeoff, but the mat was slick in that spot, so he scrambled, lost his footing and did a face-plant into the mat Poor guy! He was none the worse for wear, though. The judge, who has Yorkies, was very concerned he had hurt himself. I've seen him walk face-first into a parked car and not blink, so this didn't look too bad to me.

My co-handler for sits and downs was none other than the fabulous Kevin. ;D He helped me with this at our last class, when I wanted to do a run-through with both of them, so I talked him into doing it again. We made all the references we could think of to "Best in Show" when Eugene Levy steps up to handle the Norwich Terrier for Catherine O'Hara.

I have been letting Kevin take Simon, the "good" dog, and I take Angus in. Well, about 3/4 of the way through the sit today, Simon laid down! I wasn't even watching him, I am so secure about his stays. I am busy watching Angus, who is on high-alert the entire time, and I am just holding my breath hoping he doesn't decide to bolt.

All of a sudden I see someone moving out of the corner of my eye, and it is Kevin. Then I look at Simon and he is on the floor. I am like, "WTH is THAT?!?!" I couldn't believe it. But Kevin did just what he was supposed to...he went back over and returned him to a sitting position and told him stay and left again. He told me later the judge told him what to do.

Anyway, it was a lot of fun. Angus went driving around with me afterwards to look at houses, and Simon went to the fish store with Kevin.

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: We did a Show n Go today!

Nice job Simon!

Sounds like Kevin took too long for Angus so he decided to rest! LOL!

Did Angus find any houses that he liked?

You know, I tried talking to Angus about the houses we were seeing, and he kept looking out the other window! Hmph! Totally not interested in what I was saying. :P

Connie and "The Boys":

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

4yelloweyedogs is offline Senior Member

Sounds like it turned out to be a good time !

So, is Angus more "your" pal, and Simon is Kevin's pal ??

We have 4, and out of all four, Tom considers Charlie Brown "his' dog, and the rest are "my dogs".... especially if they misbehave !!

Melissa
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

http://theyelloweyedog.weebly.com/

Linda1 is offline Senior Member

Glad you had a good day! I love to read your stories about the boys.

Brookville, Pa.

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

It sounds like you guys had a fun day! It was nice that Kevin went with you. I had to laugh when you mentioned "Best In Show", I love that movie- it cracks me up ;D

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

So, is Angus more "your" pal, and Simon is Kevin's pal ??
    Hmmm. I don't know! I think it was just more a function of who rode better in what car. Simon can ride in the front seat of Kevin's truck with him. I know, not the safest place for him to ride :-\ But he is very good when he is sitting in the front seat. When he rides in the back of my car he has to wear a seatbelt harness to prevent him trying to climb in the front. :

Also, I was going to be gone longer, and Angus is more tolerant of longer trips in the car.

We really need to get a Volvo so we can all ride together.

As far as just hanging out around the house, Angus does more buddying up to Kevin than Simon does. Simon is a die-hard Mama's boy. :P

Connie and "The Boys":