Dakotas big adventure. Brenda - Tbogs mom.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dakotas big adventure. Brenda - Tbogs mom.

DefaultDakotas big adventure. Brenda - Tbogs mom.

Dear Dakota you started your big adventure today. You left on what would have been my dads 87th birthday.He passed away in 1999. We felt his spirit on the trip today. Was bittersweet handing you off to budgirl 8 but she was very nice so that helped. Sorry Leah i tried not to cry. Was fine till he was getting in your vehicle. Then reality set in. We would be going home without him. Thank you very very much to all the drivers and the people that contributed anything for the trip even prayers. And a big thank you to Claire for putting this all together. Thank you also Barbara for letting him stay overnight at your house. He is probably confused that is why probably he is not eating. Maybe once he can get out and run a little at your house he will eat some. Thanks - Brendas mom. Love you Dakota.

[attachment deleted by admin]

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Dakotas big adventure. Brenda - Tbogs mom.

Oh boy, that did it. :'( :'(
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

I know I told you earlier, but we are very very thankful to you guys for letting us take him in. It will work out for everyone, and you know you will see plenty of pics from me.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

That just started the tears a flowing again today for the umpteenth time.

lablover is offline Senior Member

Oh boy, that did it. Cry Cry
    Me too.

Dear Brendas Mom

I have been thinking about you all day - you don't feel much like a stranger anymore - It's hard to believe all that has happened in the past 7 days

You touched my heart in a special way last Saturday when you called to thank Wrapped in Kindness for our help with Dakota's vetting - it was the very least I could do - I did it to honor my Sammy who passed away this very weekend 4 years ago - he would have wanted it that way - he always found pleasure in others laughter.

I know others will find this hard to believe - but yours was only the 3rd thank you call WIK has ever received from a pet's family we have helped - and I knew in my heart being a part of Dakota's story was the right decision.

I always tell people that you can only give up someone you love when you love them more than you love yourself - when staying would have only been best for you.

Both you and Brenda and your families have demonstrated that kind of love and devotion in the past month - and that is a wonderful tribute to the love you share.

Please know that while Dakota may be on his way to Florida a piece of him - a piece of his heart will always be with you - and your love - that love you shared - well he carries it with him to Florida.

Kate

Sobbing here. I know Dakota will love his new home but how bittersweet to have to give him up. Know that we all understand the conflicting emotions of happiness and sadness in this situation.

May he have a great day tomorrow and many years of happiness in his new home.

4yelloweyedogs is offline Senior Member

Hey Mom !!! (We feel like family now....) hope this wasn't too hard for you today..... I thought about you too, wondered how you were doing...... it's already been said, what a wonderful lady you are, to let Dakota go to Brenda...... but that's what families, and love are all about........ I'm so glad I've been able to witness this whole happening, from start, and now to the end when Brenda picks him up Monday !! Thanks for posting, and sending the pics !! Take care, and please, stick around !!!

Melissa
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

http://theyelloweyedog.weebly.com/

Brenda's Mom, I don't know if it will help but if you ever need some Lab kisses there is one about 25 miles north of you who would be glad to give them at any time, just hollor. We make it down your way sometimes, it would just be a slight change in route when Rowdy and I go to our farm over near Cook. Rowdy looks a lot like Dakota from what I can see in the pictures, so much they could be related, but we don't know a lot about his his father except there are 3 suspects.

Feel free to hollor if you need some Lab kisses. I was almost in tears in front of customers at work today following the story.

Delmonico aka Glen Carman

PS if you ever make it by The Fort, look me up, I'm there most evenings and weekends in The Old West Shop.

Lexis Mom is offline Senior Member

There is nothing I can say I am :'( :'( :'( too hard!!!

My pretty girl, Lexi!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast