Goodbye Bailey
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Goodbye Bailey

Joe Maringo is offline Senior Member

DefaultGoodbye Bailey

I am sure some of you remember the three legged CBR that was supposed to come up from FL. and stay with a rescue in the DC area a few years ago. The rescue never showed up to get her at the airport, so they called me to come for her. Bailey has been here for just over two years and she has been a true joy to have around. With all of her problems, she still had a sparkle in her eyes and even on 3 legs she could outrun me without any trouble.

Bailey was missing one back leg from the time she was about a year old. She also had mammary tumors, displaysia in her other back hip, a hormone imbalance that caused most of her hair to fall out, and severe dog aggression. Lately she had not been herself and the vet confirmed a few weeks ago that on top of everything else, Bailey bug had lymphoma. We knew time would be short, and today she has made it clear that her will has gone. Around noon I will take her for her final ride.

Some of you have met Bailey at the CBR Specialty in MD a few years ago, or at the first picnic in North East, where she was on her best behavior.

This will be a very sad day here, after loosing Max MAx Max on Tuesday, now Bailey today. I sure hope the old saying that they come in three's is not true this time.

Here are a few pictures of her from a few weeks ago.

Even with the pain in her hip and all her problems, she still loved to run. If you called her from across the yard, this is what you would most often see. I liked to call her my little bulldozer

She had a look only a father could love, and I am proud and happy to have been her father for the past few years.

Good bye my curly girl. You made our life better and brought a smile to our faces. May the wings of angels carry you home to be with those who have gone ahead. God speed.
    Southwest Pennsylvania Retriever Rescue Organization or S.P.A.R.R.O. and Shades Of Grey Senior Sanctuary
    A 501c3 Non Profit Organization.
    Plum, Pa.
    412-795-0163
    website www.sparro.org/

Saving one dog will not change the world But, surely, for that one dog the world will change forever!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Goodbye Bailey

Oh, Joe, I am so sorry! She was left at the airport for a very important reason, to be loved by you - what a lucky girl! ((((Joe))) (((Bailey)))

Oh jeeze Joe..I'm so sorry..two in less than 10 days or so..I don't know how you stand it!!!!!!!! Again..you gave her a good life while you had her...God Speed Bailey..you'll have lots of company at the Rainbow Bridge. Joe my thoughts are with you..once again!!!!!
    Run free Bailey!!!! Jackie

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Linda1 is offline Senior Member

(((hugs))) I'm sorry Joe.

Brookville, Pa.

RangerMom is offline Senior Member

I'm really sorry to hear this Joe. I remember your posts about Bailey.

Blackie and Ranger ...............................Reggie: 1996-2010 "Fly Reggie Fly"

Joe, I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm sure her time with you was grand.

Godspeed Bailey

4yelloweyedogs is offline Senior Member

:'(....I'm so sorry....... I'm glad she knew the love and companionship that you gave her..... God speed Bailey girl........

Melissa
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

http://theyelloweyedog.weebly.com/

TangerineFizz is offline Senior Member

Very sorry you have to go through this yet again, Joe. Godspeed Bailey.
    Me, Abzilla and the Helomonster.

lablimo is offline Senior Member

She was meant to be with you -- I am certain of that. I am so sorry for your loss -- so soon after Max. God Bless you both during this journey.

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

Oh Joe, I'm very sorry. I'm glad Bailey got to spend her last years with you.
    Godspeed Bailey.

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast