I can't remember who bought the raised dog bed from Plow & Hearth ...

Thread: I can't remember who bought the raised dog bed from Plow & Hearth ...

DefaultI can't remember who bought the raised dog bed from Plow & Hearth ...

... but is it working out well? I was looking at the Plow&Hearth version as a nicely-priced alternative to the expensive Kuranda dog beds. How is it holding up?

http://www.plowhearth.com/product.as...ept&pcode=8751

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

mollyrock is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: I can't remember who bought the raised dog bed from Plow & Hearth ...

oh it was me! It is holding up great so far. I bought the medium for Cricket my Cairn but Lucy just fits on it too. They both use it everyday...they also use it to launch themselves off it while they are chasing each other and the fabric is very durable and stands up to the abuse.
    I have had to tighten the bolts this week but I think it is because I didn't tighten them up enough when I assembled it.
    I like it so much I am thinking of ordering one for my brother's new pup.

DefaultRe: I can't remember who bought the raised dog bed from Plow & Hearth ...

That's great to know. I had been hesitating to purchase the Kuranda because the largest size metal bed was $159 ... The largest Plow&Hearth bed (comparable size) is $24.95. That's my kind of price.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

luke from georgia is offline Senior Member

waltmart sells these bed, too. i got mine for less than $15.

"Properly trained, a man can be dog's best friend." ~ Corey Ford

Quote Originally Posted by luke from georgia
    waltmart sells these bed, too. i got mine for less than $15.
    Aha! Good to know! Thanks.

Apollopuppy is offline Senior Member

I have a question. Whats so special about these beds. They kinda look uncomfortable (to me atleast). :-\ IS there a reason why they are so popular? Thanks in advance!
    Love,<br />Giuli<br /><br />

Quote Originally Posted by Apollopuppy
    I have a question. Whats so special about these beds. They kinda look uncomfortable (to me atleast). :-\ IS there a reason why they are so popular? Thanks in advance!
    My brother has a Kuranda bed for his Golden, and Ivy & Raleigh have taken many snoozes on it. There are a few reasons why we like the raised beds ...

1. Ivy is getting older, and the raised dog beds seem comfortable to her ... I imagine it's like the feeling we get lying in a hammock.
    2. In the summer, they stay cool because it is suspended... in the winter you can add a blanket for some coziness.
    3. You can use it outdoors without concerns about moisture and dirt. Also ... Ivy has allergies, so she can rest outside without being down in the grass and leaves.
    4. Less stink than soft bedding.
    5. You can vacuum under it without moving it.
    6. At my brother's house, their Kuranda is like an elevated crate with no sides ... i.e. it's the dog's space, and they store his toys beneath.

The main downside (when using the bed inside) is that they are large ... soft bedding can be moved around a little more easily. Soft bedding can also be better coordinated with the house decor ... but we're so beyond that, it doesn't matter to us anymore. Ha, ha.