Dakota Transport ....We're home!!
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Dakota Transport ....We're home!!

DefaultDakota Transport ....We're home!!

**Dakota's Transport Pics Here**

By now, my parents should be on the road on their way to meet BudGirl. She will be calling to let me know when BudGirl has hit the road on the second leg of the journey. I can't believe this is happening!! bacatherin--I will probably be calling you tonite to see how he is fitting in.

**11 am (Eastern) Sat update**

Mom just called and said BudGirl left on leg 2 about 9:50 am Central. Both took a bunch of pics. So far so good.

**2:15 pm (Eastern) Sat update**

Just got off the phone with BudGirl. She said Dakota was a perfect gentleman and went right to the next driver when they stopped. She had to drive through some nasty rainstorms, so keep good thoughts that she makes it home safe and sound soon. She will get on and update and upload pics when she gets home she said. He will get to his next stop appr 3 pm Central. Thank you SO much BudGirl.

**4:00 pm (Eastern) Sat Update**

Just got off the phone with the driver from 3 and Dakota is on his way to Mt Vernon on leg 4. She said he was a really sweetheart...seemed a little nervous towards the end of her leg. Of course, he rode with his head near her shoulder for a good share of the ride,lol. He should be to his next stop around 4:30 Central.

**6:20 PM (Eastern) Sat Update**

Just got off the phone with sloigo about 10 minute ago. She is now about 40 minutes into her leg. She said they both got there a little early, so Dakota had a chance to get out and run around a bit. He was sleeping soundly on the seat next to her as she talked to me. They should be in to their destination about 6:15 Central, then it is off with JeffersonsMom to bacatherine's house for the night. bacatherine has promised to call me when he is there and settled in.

Thank you SO much to those who have helped so far, and to those who helped fill their tanks!! Will update again soon.

**8:15 pm (Eastern) Update**

Just talked to JeffersonMom about 10 minutes ago. She is on the road to bacatherine's, where he will stay for the night. He has gotten a little more nervous--poor guy, I'm sure he is wondering what in the world is going on. Hopefully when he gets to hang out with Zeus and Mocha and can run around a bit, he will relax a little. Everyone so far has said he rode really well and was really sweet. I have uploaded the pics from my mom and will post the link at the top of this post.

I cant stress enough how thankful I am to each and every one of you. I wouldnt have been able to do it without you and I will be eternally grateful to all of you. I will try to remember to update once I know he is settled in at bacatherine's, and who knows, she may update you too!!

**Last update for Saturday night**

As JeffersonMom said, he is now with bacatherine. As she was talking to me, he was trying to sit in her lap, lol. She will be leaving with him tomorrow morning, but hopefully can get him to relax a bit tonite. Thank you JeffersonMom for posting pics!! It was great talking to all of you today---thank you SO SO much for helping get him this far!!

I will be in church till noon Eastern tomorrow, so I wont be able to update till after then. He will be with my friend Linda by then, so shes gonna text me a pic ASAP so I know she has him, lol.

**Sunday Morning Update**

I talked to bacatherine and she said she finally got him to eat a little food--her dh said he heard his stomach growling all night, so she wanted to try to get him to get a little in his stomach. Apparently he didnt like being crated, so he slept downstairs with her dh all night. He didnt mind the crate at mom's, so I hope it was just due to the confusion and not some new found revelation that he doesnt like crates, lol. She was Jodie as our conversation was ending, so he should be in to his second leg of the day by now.

I dont have Jodie's # or I would give her a call. He has a couple hours with her then he will be off to Chattanooga with my friend Linda. She has a couple kiddos, so I am hoping they will prove to be a good distraction for him.

Thank you bacatherine, for dealing with the overnight and for getting him to put some food into his stomach. I am very grateful that you were kind enough to take this on.

**1:50 pm Sunday Update**

Just got in and off the phones. Apparently Jodie fell in love, as did Linda, and they decided to share custody. Thankfully, their consciences got to them and they let him finish out his trip. Havent had a chance to talk to Jodie yet--but Linda said he did really well. They got him to drink a bottle and a half of water and got him to eat a few snacks. Her grandson fell in love with him, and she has the pics to prove it. He also decided he was a lap dog and crawled all 75 lbs of him onto her lap to look out the window,lol.

Then zoezoe called me and said he is snoozing comfortably in her vehicle. She too said she thought she should just head home and hope sunjin wouldnt notice, lol. So thats what I know for now. Sounds like he is traveling really well today and has enjoyed the company of Jodie and Linda's kids immensely.

Thank you Jodie, Linda and zoezoe!!

**3:50 pm Sunday Update**

zoezoe called me about 30 minutes ago to let me know LukefromGeorgia has Dakota, and that all went well on her leg. Just got off the phone with LukefromGeorgia and she said he is doing well too. This is his last leg before he meets Julie!! Thank you again zoezoe and LukefromGeorgia. We couldnt have done it without you!!

**5:30 pm Update--Last leg!!**

sunjin just called to let me know he is with Julie and on his way to Tampa!! I guesstimate she will be there around 10:30. I know there are a couple rest stops on the interstate and and she mentioned that she would stop to let him stretch his legs. She promised she would call me tonite once they were settled in. Thank you sunjin!! You got him one step closer, and I appreciate it so much!!

Now to wait impatiently for Julie's call. ;D

**11:20 Sunday Update!!**

Julie just called--they made it home!! She is gonna let the Dakota's run a bit in the yard, then everyone is off to bed. She said she would try to get on and let ya know she made it fine!! YEAHHHH!!

**We are HOME!!**

Finally, he is home and settling in. Poor guy--Willow is being a bit overbearing in her welcome, but he is sticking by me when she gets to be a bit too much. He rode all the way home with his head on my shoulder, and his butt on the backseat,lol.

Very surprisingly, he is being very calm around the cats. Maybe the fact that the cats are cool with dogs helps a bit.

I want to say again how thankful I am to EVERYONE here. You all helped out in some way or another, and I will be forever grateful. To Claire, the drivers and those who donated gas money--we couldnt have done this without you. I will try to get some pics taken and uploaded today.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Dakota Transport ....Happy Trails to You.....

I am so happy for you! Wishing everyone an uneventful transport today and tomorrow!

blackjack is offline Senior Member

Safe journeys! I can't wait to read the adventure.

Rusty, Blaze & Buster Brown
    BJ - 3/9/2007 - 2/6/12 - miss you everyday
    Boomer - ? - 3/15/12 - always in my heart

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Good morning everyone!

I'll be in & out of the house all day and will be checking in when I have a chance

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

It would be great to follow the journey from here. Transporters... be safe, check in here if you can. God bless!

Seamus and Flynn

4yelloweyedogs is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paddysmom
    It would be great to follow the journey from here. Transporters... be safe, check in here if you can. God bless!
    DITTO !!!!

Melissa
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

http://theyelloweyedog.weebly.com/

Kathryn Guest

Have a safe trip!!

pj

have a safe trip everyone, can't wait to hear updates and follow dakota's trip home!

Very exciting! Have a safe trip, everyone ... looking forward to hearing about it.

labby is offline Senior Member

Everyone safe travels today.

Laura

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast