Frisbee?

Thread: Frisbee?

DefaultFrisbee?

I was just wondering if anybody here has a lab that loves to play frisbee. Wondering if I should get one for cracker or not. My dalmation had no interest what so ever. she would just look at me with this exasperated look on her face, like "Oh pleeeeze!" LOL

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Frisbee?

I think it depends on the dog. Some like balls, others like frisbees, some like water, others won't go in to save their lives (even some labs, yes!!)

I would get a few toys of different textures/shapes/sizes (within reason, too small = choking hazard) and just see what he likes.

Example: Peanut will only play with toys that are plush/fleecy. That's it, that's all, and she has always been that way.

Baloo on the other hand will play with fleecies, rubber toys, rope toys, balls, squeakers, etc. whatever he's in "the mood" for, it seems!

either way, have fun shopping!! (It was one of my favorite parts of preparing for Baloo's homecoming!)  ;D ;D
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

Ah yes the squeeky toy isle. It has to have that certain squeek too. lol. Well I just hope he likes it. I'm basically trying to think of exersises that doesn't involve too much walking. I have some medical issues that sometimes make walking extremely painfull. But after two surgeries this year, I'm getting better. Although I'm not exactly "normal" yet.
    Would a tennis ball be too small for a labrador?

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Cooper loves tennis balls and although I have heard horror stories about dogs getting a tennis ball stuck in their throat (not sure of the breed, a co-worker told me about this), I just keep a close eye on Cooper.

A frisbee that you might want to try is the Flying Squirrel. It's made by the same company that makes the Chuck-It. Cooper had a tough time with the real Frisbee, he couldn't master picking it up but the Flying Squirrel is shaped differently and he can catch/pick it up no problem. We use the Squirrel in the wintertime mostly, because it's easy to see in the snow if Cooper can't find it. We lose a lot of tennis balls in the winter....but come spring, Cooper thinks he's struck gold!

Good luck - by the way, the Chuck-It is awesome as well, if you don't have one. Makes throwing the ball easy and you don't have to touch it!! Bonus!

Bev.

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zowiesmom4ever
    Would a tennis ball be too small for a labrador?
    Oh no

That's assuming he likes them and knows how to fetch and such.....

if he does, I highly recommend a Chuck-It:
    http://www.petsmart.com/global/produ...t=Chuck-It&N=2
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

Does Emma Love her Frisbee hummmm lets see

Outside with her Frisbee

Sleeping with the Frisbee

A well loved Frisbee

Emma loves her Frisbee and plays with it everyday. She has become very good at catching it and loves to play with it.

The Frisbee in the picture is the Nylabone glow in the dark Frisbee which is the most lab proof Frisbee we have found ( it took several months to get to that condition.) She also plays with the Kong Frisbee and the floppy Frisbee from Wal-mart.

Of course we had to relearn how to throw the Frisbee also.

Have fun playing with your dog.

Oh fantastic! I will have to invest in one of those chuck it things. Nothing's grosser than a slobbery tennis ball.. Bleck :P

AND LMAO @ Emma's frisbee!