The Furminator
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Furminator

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultThe Furminator

Anyone tried this shedding tool?

My breeder got one and swears by it. Said it's much more effective than the zoom groom. But they are pricey. I think she paid around $45.

Wondering if anyone has tried it?

http://www.furminator.com/

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: The Furminator

Linda, Caroline bought one and brought it to one of our STAR meetings. She let me keep it for a month til the next meeting. It really does get the hair out. I don't know if it's coincidence or not, but since I used that for one month, I don't seem to have as much hair on my floor this summer.

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

Apollopuppy is offline Senior Member

I've heard mixed reviews....lots of people swear by it, but I've also heard people who say they were dissapointed with this product. I havent bought one yet because I dont want to spend $45 just to be dissapointed.
    Love,<br />Giuli<br /><br />

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Hi - I think this is the item they tested on one of our local news broadcasts. Once a week, they feature an item that has been advertised on TV, to see if it performs as advertised. This item was tested by a groomer who has been in the business for years and he was amazed by it. He was using it on a black lab and the hair coming off was incredible! I'm pretty sure it's the same gizmo, because it was not available in Canada & the host of the segment had ordered it from the US, he commented on the price being in the $50 range. The groomer was going to get one, he said....

Bev.

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

$50.00?? really?

It's the same concept as a shedding blade, which sells at tack stores for like, 15 bucks. Eeep.
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo317
    $50.00?? really?

It's the same concept as a shedding blade, which sells at tack stores for like, 15 bucks. Eeep.
    Exactly what I was gonna say. We used to use one on Willow and it was much cheaper.

Jeep274 is offline Senior Member

Click Here for the one I use on Kody. $20 at Amazon. I have been very happy with it. When used properly it is amazing how much hair you get out of them.

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

It's rather like the cross between a horse shedding blade and a flea comb.
    My breeder is going to let me try hers. She swears by it, and she has a lot of dogs living in her house.

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

I find the shedding blade cuts the top coat hairs. The Furminator didn't seem to do that. I didn't like the way Buddy's coat looked after using the shedding blade, so I quite using it.

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

I believe this came up before and there was a comment(s) about it being harsh on their coats. I've never been that impressed with the Zoom Groom (though I know I'm in the minority), but I also don't want to use anything that will break the coat. It says on the site address that it doesn't do this, but the video they show makes me want to say "ouch!" for some reason. Maybe just because the person is raking through the coat with such gusto. It appears that they definitely remove a lot of loose hair, and if I was sure they wouldn't damage the coat I'd try one.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast