Update on Sydney-(pics included)

Thread: Update on Sydney-(pics included)

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Update on Sydney-(pics included)

Another one went missing. I don't see your post or picture of Sydney. I hope she's doing OK today.

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Sydney is doing ok today. She has decided that being on the couch, bay window and standing on the gate are ok today. She is moving slow so I am glad about that as I am sure even with the pain meds she is sore. I did give her a nylabone to try and keep her occupied instead of running around. I have to keep the dogs seperated as whenever Sydney gets in the same room as Maddy she tries to initiate bitey face. Maddy is being good and is ignoring and keeps on walking. She is licking her incision on and off but so far no chewing on it or anything. I am hoping to keep her quiet threw the weekend and after that I may just have to have her spend more time in her crate in order for her to stay quiet. LOL. Her incision looks really big to me and doesn't look like they were very nice when they stitched her up. What do you think? Any advice?

Sorry the pics are not very good, She wasn't in much of a mood to cooperate this morning.

there is pink at the right end of the stitch but it isn't opened or anything just kinda pink.

On a side note Maddy does love her little sister even if she pretends she doesn't. Last night she came in to check on Sydney in her crate and laid down in front of it and kept an eye on her. Usually Maddy doesn't go close enough to remotely wake a sleeping Sydney or go near her crate to lay down.

enny

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

It's hard to tell, but what is the shiny stuff on the stitched area - metal of some sort?! You shouldn't let her lick at it at all. Did you get back in touch with the vet about getting the cone thing for her to wear?

She should be herself again in a couple of days. Poor thing, she looks so pitiful.

Give her a kiss for me. :-*

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

I think it looks ok. It is hard to see a little with the pic being a little bit fuzzy. Try not to let her lick it at all.

But I would just continue to watch her, try not to let her jump up on anything, as that motion can really bother them.

Good luck! Give her lots of extra kisses and hugs!!
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

Jzgrlduff-I think the shiney is reflection being that I had to put my hand on her chest to get her to lay still for me. She wanted to lick my face instead of let me take her picture...LOL. The vet told me it was ok if she licked it alittle as long as she wasn't chewing on the stitches so that is what I was going off of and they are going to charge me for a cone but if she needs one I will buy it.

Baloo317- Yeah I knew the pic was gonna be kinda fuzzy as I was bent and not holding still as well...lol. She isn't jumping but climbing onto stuff. It is pretty funny to watch her climb on the couch 1 paw at a time.

I am glad to hear that it doesn't look awful. Thanks

Jenny

labbie2 is offline Senior Member

Put a long t-shirt on her. It worked well with my Lil.

Kathy5475 is offline Senior Member

Awww, kissees for Sydney. I've been trying to get a pic of Riley's incision all day, but she is not cooperating at all. She is completely back to normal, 2 days after surgery. She has not licked the incision at all and so far has no interest. I stopped the pain meds last night as it didn't seem as if she needed them. I'll try to get a pic to post.

Kathy5475 is offline Senior Member

Got one.....

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

Awww, poor Sydney. Hope she feels better soon.

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

I hope Sydney feels better soon. I also would not let her lick it.