Big THANK YOUs to Pet Gear (Home 'N Go folding crate)

Thread: Big THANK YOUs to Pet Gear (Home 'N Go folding crate)

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

DefaultBig THANK YOUs to Pet Gear (Home 'N Go folding crate)

Puff and I just got back to Topeka after a 4k mile drive back east to visit relatives and friends.

I'd checked with all the homes in which we'd be staying and Puff was welcome -- but one home has several cats and Puff isn't yet "cat broken". So a month or so ago, anticipating this, I got a Pet Gear "Home 'N Go" soft-sided collapsing crate from Amazon. (Link below is from another supplier, different price.)

http://www.dogdecor.com/dog-crates-soft-sided.html

In order to get Puff acclimated to sleeping in it, I erected it beside my bed and put her dog bed in it. To my surprise, she instantly accepted it and possibly as often slept there as beside me on my bed -- a couple hours one place and couple the other.

When it first came, I erected it and folded it up several times. Easy, quick, very sturdy, intuitive.

But a month later, after misplacing the directions, what seemed so completely intuitive, no longer was that way.

In folding it up, I busted a "knee joint" on one side. The crate was sturdy enough that it functioned perfectly with only one side working.

I noticed that the crate -- to my surprise -- was made in Vermont, and within 30 miles of relatives with whom I'd be staying.

While we were visiting them, I called, explained my clumsiness/stupidity, and asked if I could pay them to repair it. They said bring it to them.

I did and they gave me a brand new one.

I mumbled that I wanted it fixed so I could trade the green (largest) size to someone with a blue (next to largest) since the green barely squeezes into my 2 dr. Honda's trunk and is much larger than my little Puff needs.

They walked away with the green and brought out a new blue one.

Free.

(I'll laminate the folding directions and permanently attach them to the crate.)

Wow!! Can't ask for better customer service than that.

Many thanks to Pet Gear. ;D ;D ;D

Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Big THANK YOUs to Pet Gear (Home 'N Go folding crate)

Wow Bob, that's AWESOME!!! ;D

Isn't nice knowing that there are companies out there for whom customer service is still top priority?

Glad you've returned safely from your trip! How did you and Puff enjoy it??

My beloved Bess's #1 MOST favorite thing to do was retrieve.

My beloved Puff's #1 MOST favorite thing to do is ride in the car. So I think she must've been in heaven.

She slept much of the time while we were riding in the car.

When Puff rides with me, I recline the front passenger side seat. Sometimes she parks her butt halfway up the back, splays her legs on the front of the seat, and looks at the countryside.

On this trip I envied her.

I was confined to pretty much one position.

Puff either took the sight-seeing position above OR curled in a tight coiled-C position on the front seat, OR stretched out on the reclined seatback like Cleopatra reclining on a bed while transported on her boat on the Nile OR nuzzled her head near my right arm OR hopped into the back seat and assumed several positions.

She particularly enjoyed reading all the pee-mail messages left at the various state parks, roadside rest areas, and places we stayed plus posting her own comments back.

Despite my wish to keep up the daily exercise for both Puff and me, neither one of us got enough. Puff cut down her eating to the point her poops were no bigger than the size of a walnut in volume.

But we're home now, and back to our usual schedule so that will change.

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

That was excellent customer service from Pet Gear!

It must have been nice to have Puff with you. I was thinking about the two of you. I'm reading John Steinbeck's Travels with Charley, where his dog is his co-pilot on their journey. It made me think of you and Puff

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

That is awesome service, and just plain ole good business!
    Glad to hear that your trip went well and that Puff had a good time, in her new crate.

I haven't yet read JS's "Travels with Charlie" and I should.

Dave Barry,the columnist, once wrote that you can say anything to a dog and it'll look at you with an expression of "Oh, my gosh! I'd never have thought of that!"

Puff is similar and when I make some observation to her, she perks up her ears and an intense expression comes over her face seemingly as if thinking, "Really! How fascinating. Can you tell me more about that?"

It was more satisfying to have her along and make comments to her than to not make comments at all.

And Puff was good company as we visited the old house in Reading Center in which I'd grown up. It was built about 1792 and, after my mother sold it, it's passed through several out of state owners who visit it occasionally and have poured enough money into it and new outbuildings that it's worth several millions.

I pointed out the remnants of the rock garden my mother had built (with some of my labor) and where now a pond resides.

It felt good to have her there -- and stopping to let her out every couple hours to pee and walk was also beneficial to me.