Just Labradors banner

No, Seamus! NO! NO!

1K views 14 replies 15 participants last post by  jcfehr 
#1 ·
Ugh. Flynnie just had a longer than usual seizure and, of course, I was down on the floor with him for the entire time. Then we walked around the house a little until I was sure he had his legs. That took a long time this time.

Seamus got jealous! When Flynn was all composed, Shea started humping him! He's NEVER done that before! I barked at Seamus to stop. I guess I should have remained calm and sweet-voiced to redirect him but oops sometimes I lose it, too.

Poor dogs... they have cabin fever deluxe from all the weeks of constant rain and I felt like a real meanie barking at Seamus to STOP IT!

Everybody's okay and settled now but it was a pretty rough 30 minutes. :'(

#3 ·
Awwww.... poor baby..... glad he's better now...... hey, we all lose it at one time or another......... I'm sure he has forgiven you already. :)

Melissa
;)

#4 ·
Aww, poor Flynnie. Nance, it might not have been jealousy. I think sometimes dogs relieve stress by humping, the same way (well, this is just conjecture on my part, but see what you think) some people relieve it by drinking or getting into a fistfight or whathaveyou. I wonder if Seamus could have been stressed by his brother's seizure, on top of bored because of too much inside-the-house time, and then...

#6 ·
Poor Flynnie. And Seamus has probably forgotten about it also. Nathan may be right too. My Reggie is a nervous humper. For him, it really isn't about dominance, especially since he only does it at home when there is a major upset for some reason.

#7 ·
Awwwwww...sorry about Flynnie..but don't feel guilty..we ARE only human. I've lost it a few times with Dakota..and yelled instead of remaining calm..poop happens! I'm glad they're ok now tho.
Jackie

Paddysmom said:
Ugh. Flynnie just had a longer than usual seizure and, of course, I was down on the floor with him for the entire time. Then we walked around the house a little until I was sure he had his legs. That took a long time this time.

Seamus got jealous! When Flynn was all composed, Shea started humping him! He's NEVER done that before! I barked at Seamus to stop. I guess I should have remained calm and sweet-voiced to redirect him but oops sometimes I lose it, too.

Poor dogs... they have cabin fever deluxe from all the weeks of constant rain and I felt like a real meanie barking at Seamus to STOP IT!

Everybody's okay and settled now but it was a pretty rough 30 minutes. :'(

#10 ·
Oh Nance, I am so sorry Flynn had such a long and rough seizure. You were stressed from that, and had every reason to sharply reprimand Seamus - which he promptly forgot about within a minute.

Don't beat yourself up, lovely lady, just give the boys a little extra loving.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.