Sucky Labs.. Does your dog do this??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sucky Labs.. Does your dog do this??

DefaultSucky Labs.. Does your dog do this??

Last night, Marlan hopped up on the couch while I was knitting, plopped his butt right down on my lap, and sat there waiting for pets and attention. Later, when I wouldn't let him out in the front yard, he whined. When I told him to go to the back yard, he literally huffed and puffed like a human and then stormed out to the back. This morning I woke up to his face almost touching mine, sleeping peacefully beside me.

Do your dogs ask for attention in such a direct way or do I have a sucky dog (Cute, but sucky! ;D)?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Sucky Labs.. Does your dog do this??

Dakota is a lap climber into..when he wants attention..also he stares at me when he wants me to play..or picks his toy up, drops it, looking at me..then if I don't pick it up..he keeps picking it up and dropping it..till I play with him. And he whines when he wants out and mommy isn't paying attention. But then again, he's only 7 months old..and is still developing his personality.
    Jackie

Quote Originally Posted by MarlansMum
    Last night, Marlan hopped up on the couch while I was knitting, plopped his butt right down on my lap, and sat there waiting for pets and attention. Later, when I wouldn't let him out in the front yard, he whined. When I told him to go to the back yard, he literally huffed and puffed like a human and then stormed out to the back. This morning I woke up to his face almost touching mine, sleeping peacefully beside me.

Do your dogs ask for attention in such a direct way or do I have a sucky dog (Cute, but sucky! ;D)?

Beachboys is offline Senior Member

Mambo is the same way. He pouts. We take him for a walk or to the park everyday. When its time to go he starts to cry, whine and be a brat. God forbid I am running late. He will than toss himself against the door and bark a few times. He would ring the bell before I got rid fo it.

He also will climb in our lab when he wants attention. Or he starts licking me, the cat, the wall, the couch..lol Get my point.

He is such a brat.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Sucky???
    This is what Tally does when I sit on the toilet. Brings me whatever she is playing with for my enjoyment. (Yes I am on the toilet when this was taken)
    Mischa will lay across my lap if I am not paying attention to her when SHE feels I should. When I turn over in bed in the am both dogs take this as a signal to lick my feet. How do you sleep with that going on???
    Pat

Hahaha - Marlan does the pick up/drop the toy trick too. If he really wants to play and we aren't looking - he'll bark.

Jeep274 is offline Senior Member

Kody pouts too and is very good at sighing. :

When he wants attention he will often come over and set his chin on my knee or hand and give me the sad puppy eyes. Other times he will get a toy and play with it at my feet until I join in.

Sometimes he will be sleeping and all of a sudden decide it's time for a walk. He jumps up and looks at me with his ears up, tail wagging and starts giving little woofs as he looks to the door. ;D

I love it all.

Fanny gets this really high pitched whine going while she lies on the couch looking very, very sorry for herself. Eddie huffs at whoever he wants attention from.....

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

Hershey brings me her empty Kong at almost any time and drops it at my feet. No response and she picks it up and tosses it with her head so that it will land with a louder thud. Three times and then she is in my lap looking at me as if to say, "Now! Or I am going to bite your nose off."
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

Oh yeah..I forgot about the bark..god forbid I won't look at him while he's tossing his toy up and down. Bark..yes..definately..... Jackie

Quote Originally Posted by MarlansMum
    Hahaha - Marlan does the pick up/drop the toy trick too. If he really wants to play and we aren't looking - he'll bark.

Every Suynday Duke KNOWS we will be going to the dog park and he gets impatient because I am just sitting there trying to read the Sunday paper. As I try to read he will thrust his head under the paper and fling it back.
    I have to finish the paper after we get back from the park.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast