New flavor toothpaste.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New flavor toothpaste.

georgie is offline Senior Member

DefaultNew flavor toothpaste.

I picked up a new tube of doggy toothpaste when I had Abby at the vet's for her shots & annual check up. The vet said someone ordered this new toothpaste, so she didn't know how well it worked. It's called Dog Dental.

Well the girls loved it. It seemed to have a peppermint smell. Well they sat there without fussing & let me brush their teeth a little longer today.

What do most of you use?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: New flavor toothpaste.

I just use my toothpaste... CREST. I use a pea-sized amount or less, just like you would with a child. I don't brush them very often though. Both Mag's and Ru's teeth are very white. I think it's from a RAW diet.

amazongold is offline Senior Member

We have found that Nylabones and marrow bones clean the teeth very well. Buddy's are already cleaner than they were when we got him! ;D
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Abby chews the Nylabones alot & her teeth are so white. Molly doesn't really chew the Nylabones much & has some tartar. She loves my toothpaste but I only put a tiny bit on but she likes that better then the doggy meat flavored dog toothpaste.
    Maybe I can brush hers longer with this new flavor. :

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

I've never brushed any of my dogs' teeth. They've got the whitest teeth going and no breath odor at all.

I just don't do that kind of dog frou-frou.

Well, I am considering barrettes for Scamp's bangs...

:P

Seamus and Flynn

4yelloweyedogs is offline Senior Member

I've tried brushing their teeth, but I found that raw bones helped more than anything with tartar, and now their teeth are very white ! Also, after they started on the holistic food, their breath got better. Charlie Brown used to have awful breath, and quite a bit of tarter on his back teeth ..... you wouldn't believe how nice they look now !

Melissa
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

http://theyelloweyedog.weebly.com/

Hmmm....maybe I better get some marrow bones. Okay....dumb question. Do you let them chew on them for a certain amount of time? Any dogs get diarrhea from them?
    Thanks.

Apollopuppy is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by raian
    I just use my toothpaste... CREST. I use a pea-sized amount or less, just like you would with a child. \
    I think I remember reading somewhere that its not safe to use human toothpaste on pets. :-\ Am I the only one that's heard that? I cant remember if the 'dont use human toothpaste on pets' was in reference to cats/ferrets, or dogs/cats/ferrets. Anyone know if you can use human toothpaste on dogs?
    Love,<br />Giuli<br /><br />

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

The vet we use provided us this large breed puppy welcome kit with a lot of neat stuff in it and discount coupons. Among the samples was doggy toothpaste. I asked about using regular toothpaste. The vet said the pet toothpaste is made to taste good to the animal and to be swallowed since the dogs don't really spit or even understand the concept. I asked if it was bad for the dog to swallow human toothpaste. She said that she wouldn't recommend it.

Okay! My take is that (1) she really didn't know, (2) They take some kind of benefit from the spplier and feel obligated not to say that regular toothpaste is not intended for dgs and therefore is not good for them.

Has anyone otten anything more definitive from a vet, or other that should know? How about some of our breeders?
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

peanutsdad is offline Senior Member

Chew hooves keep our bunch happy and smiling.
    <br />In my house there is no such thing as a five second rule.<br />Our&nbsp; dogs and their humans:<br />Peanut (Yellow Lab) &amp; Ric<br />Seamus (Hanoverian Mix) &amp; Keri<br />Morgan (American Eskimo) &amp; Carolann

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast